Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: African Violets

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 3, Views: 109
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gayl
Julian, WV

April 16, 2001
2:28 AM

Post #3680

Last week I saw these at Lowes and had to have them :-) The only thing is they didn't have any tags telling me what kind they were. Could someone who knows what they are let me know?

Also Barbara if you read this THANKS SO MUCH for the clippings. I only hope I can raise them to be the beautiful violets they are ment to be.

This message was edited Monday, Apr 16th 1:36 AM

Thumbnail by Gayl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Happy_Gardener
Cedar Rapids, IA

April 17, 2001
6:15 PM

Post #68488

Here is a link to the Optimara site:
http://www.collateralworks.com/optimarafieldguide.html

You can look up Optimara violets by color, name, bloom type, etc. I think most violets on the market are by Optimara so you have a good chance of finding your two.

Good Luck in your search. I particularly like the bi-color.
Gayl
Julian, WV

April 18, 2001
12:13 AM

Post #68599

Thanks Happy_Gardener for the website. I have checked it out and there is a very long list to look thru. Probly will find a few more I might want :-) Just by luck the bi-color I found right off. It is a Rhapsodie Alice and by the way my favorite also. I will keep looking and I am sure I will find the other one. Thanks again for the help---it was really appreciated
Happy_Gardener
Cedar Rapids, IA

April 18, 2001
2:09 AM

Post #68628

Gayle, I'm glad you were able to find the bi-color so quickly. Now that I have the name of it, I will start looking for one.

My last bi-color looked a lot like the Rhapsodie Alice but I let it get too close to a purple african violet and now they are both very bright purple.

Good luck finding the other plant.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 21 Oct 14, 2014 11:43 AM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America