Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Accessible Gardening: Reversal for FIBRO

Communities > Forums > Accessible Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Accessible GardeningReplies: 44, Views: 2,170
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
carol
Bayonne, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 20, 2002
8:03 AM

Post #33443

I posted this earlier but I want to start a new thread for you guys so this is a repeat of "tell me about fibro". Some disable people that may have been misdiagnosed as so many of us have should read this, so here it is again:
To All You Gals...great news and a great book for us to follow or at least think about.

Sorry, again I feel off the face of the earth. This time DH decided to jump on the bandwagon.
I will address his illness later new info on fibro, very new it's been out for awhile I just chose to ignore it like a fool.

The book "what your doctor may not tell you about Fibromyalgia" by R. Paul St. Amand, MD and Claudia Craig Marek. The revoluntionary treatment that can REVERSE the disease.

They use Quaifenesen. The author, male, has had it being a dr. he developed this breakthrough. Not many people know about it. I haven't finish this comprehensive book but it seems that Salicylates contained in makeup, lipstick and many over the counter everyday things we use contain it which causes more trouble for us. I will address this treatment with my fibro guy when I see him.

Due to Dh's illness I had to cancel both appointments with my fibro guy in Phila but I will be going as soon as he can drive and I get an appt.

This book is amazing just amazing. There are symptoms out there that I didn't even know exsisted like vulvar pain caused by acid. Therefore, Vitamin C can cause this condition. So even some of the natural things are not good for us. Please Please I urge you to get this book it is 15.00 at Barnes and noble but a search on the internet may find lower cost or go to the libraby. They go into such detail on Fibro Fog which has been one of my biggest problems. I've been taking DHEA out of desperation. I know it can cause breast cancer I should be taking the K-DHEA which I will immediately because of the poor reading on my mamo.

There have been total reversals of this disease if you follow the regiment which for me will not be easy but hey, this Fibro and CFS is not easy. BTW the DHEA has surely helped my cognitive state. I can almost successfully multi-task again. Recently, I've even been able to follow the stock market which was totally out of reach for me. That was my livelihood for 25 years. Now maybe I get back all the $ I lost with the grace of God and this bad stock market.

I lost everything due to this illness and many friends along the way. It is diffcult for anyone else to understand. Even my sister who has Lupus can't understand why I was sick from October til Jan. and Again for Easter. So I missed our Christmas Holiday and was late for Easter Dinner only to listen to my brother in law call me ignorant for making them wait. Even the family doesn't understand.

That's just the way it is but I'm telling you all NO MORE. GET THE BOOK PLEASE!

I could write all nite about what he addresses but for now go to some of these sites which are in his book:

Fibromyalgia Wellness Group in NY www.Gold222@aol.com support group
The "Guai Support Group" this is a private semi-moderated support group for anyone intersted in the quaifenesin protocal and hypoglycemia. Also provides Salicylate information To subscribe send and e-mail to LISTSERV@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU and type Sub Guai-Support (your first and last name in the body of the e-mail. It was founded by Tesa Marcon in Oct. 1997. 600 +members in all stages of recovery.
www.geocites.com/HotSprings/Spa/5252 "Official" support and info for Guaifenesin protocol. Site contains updated cosmetic lists, success stories, doctors lists, etc. Appropriate for doctors and patients.
The authors websit www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com. Guaifenesin treatment jpdates, refferal lists, and links
Fibromet by Anancy Medeiros: www.csusm.edu/public/guests/nancym/fibromt. A patient oriented web site with folksy look. Offer video tapes and information for sale.

There are videotapes avail. at differnt sites.
Success stories with this new treatment
Guaifenesin Sources
This book even provides a list of cosmetic company customer service phone #'s and web sites.
The resources section in the back of this book goes on for pages. I have provided you with a place to start even before you purchase the book which I am sure you all will.
Hypoglycemia is a problem for us www.hypoglycemia.com or
Low carb diet is necessary recipes: www.lowcarb.com
Low carb resourse center: www.thinner.com these are just a few I don't want to overwhelm anyone. If you cannot reach a site you want please e-mail me and I will check it out for you. I am too tired to proofread this.

As for DH:
His homosteines were 21 the high is 11. His blood pressure was off the charts and we was scheduled for cataract surgery. He had the surgery on Monday and is doing fine. I stopped taking his pressure it was driving us nuts with the digital. I will be trading in for a regular one. Through this my pressure went balistic and my pulse... forget about it. Anyway, now that he's taken care of I had a bad mamo reading and must go for a sonogram. I am in good hands though finally. The eye surgeons wife took me under she wings. She's a dermatologist and very well connected with some of the best dr.'s in NY. I always said, "it's not what you know it's who you know". I go for the ultrasound Tuesday and it is inevitable I will need surgery AGAIN!

I haven't been on DG for sometime so please if you need any further information e-mail me directly and I will get back to you in a more timely fashion.

My garden is growing in spite of all the problems. I have been so neglectful with all that has gone on since April but God is good and doing a lovely job. I have lost many plants but now things seem to be coming back. My bulbs are still sitting they will probably bloom in the bags but we have to address what is necessary at the time. Right now our health seems to be the neccesity of the months or should I say months.

God Bless you all and have a great summer. I hope to be around now and than.
Carol

This thread has 44 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Accessible Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
abled fighters dpmichael 13 Sep 28, 2009 1:31 AM
Gardening with a bad knee Bug_Girl 13 Aug 28, 2009 4:26 PM
"Enabled" vs. "Disabled" Gardeners Shirley1md 40 Apr 8, 2007 6:29 PM
a gardening poem debi_z 43 Jun 17, 2013 4:59 AM
pneumatic seat for gardening debi_z 31 Jun 30, 2009 2:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America