Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: Anyone know this willow?

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

I received this as a cutting 3 yrs. ago. The elderly lady who gave me the cutting called it curly willow. I haven't been able to find any info or pics. I would appreciate any help in adding to it's 'proper' name. Thanks!
Jean

Thumbnail by JJsgarden
Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

I thought curley willow the branches curled,but your the leaf is curled,I like it!

That's it!!!! Thanks a million Baa!!!!
Jean

My pleasure JJ!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I love this tree. I have never seen it before.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Jean, If you decide to take any cutting I would like to have one Please.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank for give the name, I have few from Dg sent me not too long ago. I need to know can put ground all at once or put one of each plant? Thank You

This message was edited Sunday, Jun 23rd 12:18 PM

busybee, if it keeps growing well, I will take cuttings later this season to share with you. It's about 4' tall now and has branched out just this year.

Redrose, I rooted it in water, then potted it in a 3 gal. pot, where it lived for the first yr. because I didn't have a spot picked out for it at the time. The roots are white and very brittle, so, it you root in water, be very careful when planting. I suppose it would root just as well in the ground providing you kept it very well watered.

Jean

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.