Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

Any hostaholics here?

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

If so, I'd like to see your wants and have lists. Just maybe...Thanks...Brenda

Asheboro, NC

plantnutz, Yes, I do believe I could be in the hostaholics catagory. I have lots of shade to beautify.
I don't have many and my wants are big. Most of mine are just in the ground for their first winter. So, I am really excited when I see them coming up. And, tonight, we are supposed to have a freeze! WHY!

DO you have lots and how long have you been into this hostaholics attitude?

plantbug

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

This message was edited Dec 31, 2003 5:57 AM

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Thought this thread was about Hostas !! I have several types but am always interested in one I don't have. Can trade a few Blue Halcyon, Blue Cadet & Large Dark Green Sweetheart.

This message was edited Thursday, Apr 19th 12:05 AM

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

Has anyone heard of Gypsy Rose? I CAN'T WAIT to be able to divide her! That is my last and best one so far......

weebus

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I got interested in hostas last year when I moved into this house with lots of shade. Everyone told me I couldn't grow hostas in California, so I did it anyway. They all have come up so far, except for one and he's really slow. I have 30 different ones and not enough space for all of them. Hopefully, I'll be able to share in the future. Most of mine are still young yet, but have a few eyes already.

Donna

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I am not a hostaholic, but do love them. However, after getting my first catalog from Plant Delights (www.plantdelights.com) I am very impressed, and excited about the possibilities... the bug may bite me yet! I have about 20 or so hostas but only about 6-8 varieties, of which I have lost the tags for a few.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

A good site for Hostas is Bridgewoodgardens.com

Careful though, know what you are getting into before you go there.

Brenda,
I have a large inventory of hostas that are availble for trade or sale if you are interested. I also ship out for postage several different ones to newbies. Donna from Ca. (posted above) recieved some of mine last year. If you have a list you can e-mail me and I'll mail my list to you.
John

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I just recieved some of diggindutchman's hostas, they are beautiful!!!! nice size and VERY healthy!! Thank-you again. sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.