Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Plant Trading: Any hostaholics here?

Communities > Forums > Plant Trading
bookmark
Forum: Plant TradingReplies: 9, Views: 182
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plantnutz
Austell, GA
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2001
11:07 PM

Post #3756

If so, I'd like to see your wants and have lists. Just maybe...Thanks...Brenda
plantbug
Asheboro, NC

April 18, 2001
2:43 AM

Post #68644

plantnutz, Yes, I do believe I could be in the hostaholics catagory. I have lots of shade to beautify.
I don't have many and my wants are big. Most of mine are just in the ground for their first winter. So, I am really excited when I see them coming up. And, tonight, we are supposed to have a freeze! WHY!

DO you have lots and how long have you been into this hostaholics attitude?

plantbug
jody
MD &, VA
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2001
2:06 PM

Post #68732

This message was edited Dec 31, 2003 5:57 AM
Azalea
Jonesboro, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 19, 2001
4:04 AM

Post #68949

Thought this thread was about Hostas !! I have several types but am always interested in one I don't have. Can trade a few Blue Halcyon, Blue Cadet & Large Dark Green Sweetheart.

This message was edited Thursday, Apr 19th 12:05 AM
weebus
Olympia, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 19, 2001
5:06 AM

Post #68955

Has anyone heard of Gypsy Rose? I CAN'T WAIT to be able to divide her! That is my last and best one so far...

weebus
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

April 19, 2001
5:44 AM

Post #68957

I got interested in hostas last year when I moved into this house with lots of shade. Everyone told me I couldn't grow hostas in California, so I did it anyway. They all have come up so far, except for one and he's really slow. I have 30 different ones and not enough space for all of them. Hopefully, I'll be able to share in the future. Most of mine are still young yet, but have a few eyes already.

Donna

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 19, 2001
3:19 PM

Post #69027

I am not a hostaholic, but do love them. However, after getting my first catalog from Plant Delights (www.plantdelights.com) I am very impressed, and excited about the possibilities... the bug may bite me yet! I have about 20 or so hostas but only about 6-8 varieties, of which I have lost the tags for a few.
weebus
Olympia, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 21, 2001
5:59 AM

Post #69487

A good site for Hostas is Bridgewoodgardens.com

Careful though, know what you are getting into before you go there.
diggindutchman

April 22, 2001
12:57 AM

Post #69726

Brenda,
I have a large inventory of hostas that are availble for trade or sale if you are interested. I also ship out for postage several different ones to newbies. Donna from Ca. (posted above) recieved some of mine last year. If you have a list you can e-mail me and I'll mail my list to you.
John
ruby42
Cape May Court House, NJ
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2001
1:09 AM

Post #69729

I just recieved some of diggindutchman's hostas, they are beautiful!!!! nice size and VERY healthy!! Thank-you again. sue

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America