Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Does this look like.

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 14, Views: 82
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
windsurffer

(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2002
8:05 PM

Post #33890

I just wondered if this is a triple yellow datura? The little buds on it doesn't look like any datura pod I have seen.

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2002
8:25 PM

Post #289379

doesn't look like mine. I've just found buds today, and they look just like the purple did last year. not like yours at all. curious:)
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

June 24, 2002
8:41 PM

Post #289385

It looks something like the one I have that has 2-3 inch lavendar blooms. Prolific bloomer. Hate to say this, but it also resembles a bush morning glory that I have. Boy, I'm a big help, aren't I?
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2002
8:47 PM

Post #289389

the plant sure like a datura to me. one thing for sure, u won't be able to tell if it single, double or triple till the bud opens up. hope that helps.
RavenBuck
Raphine, VA
(Zone 6b)

June 24, 2002
8:48 PM

Post #289391

Definitely not a Datura.
I have one and it has light lavender blooms with a darker purple center to it.
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

June 24, 2002
8:54 PM

Post #289394

There are many, many kinds of datura out there. I would have to say that it is very possible that this is a datura, but what kind would have to be determined after the bloom opens. When it does open, you can post a picture on the brug and dat forum and there is an expert that visits that forum a lot and he will help with ID.
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2002
9:35 PM

Post #289411

I think it looks like some another solanaceae... but not a datura. The cluster of flower buds differs than a dat. Sorta looks like a potato ready to bloom. I'm curious to see the flowers.
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

June 25, 2002
1:55 AM

Post #289605

It looks like an ornamental pepper or a nightshade.
windsurffer

(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2002
4:15 AM

Post #289727

I received these seeds in a trade and they swear that they are triple yellow datura's. The leaves looks like a datura but the little tiny buds is what is confusing me???? I can't wait to see what pops out of this one. I am going to be so dissapointed if I don't get a triple yellow this season. I planted all the different datura's seeds I received and I would hope that the person that traded this with me would not pull such a durty trick.
lupinelover
Grove City, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 25, 2002
2:46 PM

Post #289937

Kit, I am not a brug expert (never grown one, only annual datura) but I do know that if the seeds came from a plant that is a hybrid, you will almost definitely get a different daughter. That is one of the excitements about planting seeds, you never know what you will get! I hope this turns out to be something good, but hybrids almost never come true from seed :(

The leaves closely resemble the vine that Gardenwife loves: bittersweet nightshade, also in the Solanacae family.

Kathy
windsurffer

(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2002
4:06 PM

Post #290030

Oh Kathy, whatever comes out of it I hope it is beautiful.
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

June 25, 2002
4:22 PM

Post #290041

if it ease ur mind some, the triple yellow datura i had last year, came from a seed that was label single yellow datura. to my amasement, i never had a single yellow flower but doubles and triples. the very reason why i said above... no way of telling what the bloom will be till they open up for U. hang in there, u do not have too long to wait for the bloom. good luck :).
windsurffer

(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2002
4:44 PM

Post #290049

Ma Vie I am hanging on a thin thread. Wouldn't it be nice if it was a plant from mars lol,sorry about that but I just couldn't help it.
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

June 25, 2002
5:48 PM

Post #290097

ROTFLOL!
windsurffer

(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2002
5:16 PM

Post #290788

Well the stupid plant was a darn ugly weed, what makes it so bad is that I have been babying these stupid things and give them their own special pot...well may they rest in the trash.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 22 Nov 3, 2014 6:02 AM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America