Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: I need help to ID a new seed from a trade

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 5, Views: 153
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2001
1:16 PM

Post #3769

It's called CATS CLAW VINE does anyone know what this is?? it's a somewhat flat looking seed in a brown clear looking seed casing, like when you hold it up to the light you can see the actual seed through the outter casing,(if that makes since) Any information would be a great help.
thanks for the help in advance
mollybee
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

April 18, 2001
3:29 PM

Post #68783

macfadyena-evergreen climber found in tropical forest and dry woodland from Mexico and west indies.
leaves are borne in opposite pairs, ec. with 2 spreading leaflets and a short 3clawed tendril. tublar bell shaped flowers from summer to fall
*sow seeds 61-70 temp as soon as ripe in spring
provide shelter from cold drying winds/moist but well drained soil-slightly acidy to slightly alkline in full sun.
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2001
12:31 PM

Post #68993

notmartha, thanks, for all the info. but 1 question, you said sow seeds 61-70 tempas soon as "ripe in spring" wonder what that means? do you think mine as ripe?? the seeds are brown in color and were passed along in a seed trade, so should I assume they are "ripe" enough to start?
mollybee
Mary

April 19, 2001
8:05 PM

Post #69092

Plant as soon as ripe means plant when they're fresh. If you got them in a trade, they'd almost certainly be ripe. If they're brown, they're almost certainly ripe. If they're dry, brown and being traded, I'd plant them now.
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2001
8:38 PM

Post #69106

Thanks for the info, guess I'd better get busy.
Thanks again.
mollybee
susan28X
Locust Grove, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 19, 2001
8:44 PM

Post #69111

mollybee and notmartha--this helps me a lot too! i am the one who gave her the seeds. i didn't know much about em either...susan

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America