Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

notice 2 tendrils twisted together, sweet color. have no idea what this is, opened yellow before.

Thumbnail by arlene
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

very nice!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Oooo, nice one.

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

Don't know what it is but it is a nice one.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Nice color Arlene.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Lovely -
Which makes me wonder why we have so many unknowns. The rose people, the canna people, everybody but us seem to be able to identify all their plants.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Arlene, lovely - lovely

Vancouver Island, BC(Zone 8b)

Beautiful brug Arlene. Is it one of Eric's crosses?

Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

I love those curley q's

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

have no idea, was a stick i picked up under a rosabelle at eric's, was hoping for rosabelle. i guess eric would know what it is. it has had about 10 flowers before that were yellow, this was a nice surprise.

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

Brugman, do you think this is one of the D X S? it is from the cutting i picked up at your house. it goes from yellow to bare peach with extremely twisted tendrils.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

very lovely Arlene, love the long tendrils and two-toned color. it is fragrant too?

FSH, TX

Arlene, I was just going to say that one looks very much like a DXS hybrid. The calyx is very different though on these type hybrids. The calyx is long and narrow which is depicting a versicolor hybrid. The tiny slits in the calyx depict its aurea x suaveolens genes while the angle to calyx is offset on many of these hybrids...similar to the versiclor angle on many of these hybrids. The angle was at about a 45 degree cut if memory serves me on at least two of those hybrids. Still, the slits were present on the front teeth. The lenght of the cut or 45 degree angle was much shorter than on a versicolor however. Again, showing its influence, but not dominating. A true blend of the calyx's.

FSH, TX

The actual opening was less than an inch as well if memory serves me. It was angled though and no teeth were present on the back just as one would see on a versicolor. The front teeth did not always seperate either.

Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

What a nice surprise that it changed colors on you Arlene. This certainly is a pretty bloom. Hope to see lots of your blooms soon.

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Love the color. Very pretty Arlene!

Hamilton, Canada

Arlene you have to name that one! Its a beautiful cross Brugman! Wow I just love this one.

Brugman would this one be a good candidate to cross with cremesickle using creamsiclke as the mother plant? I would be interested to see this orangish-peach border on the creamsickle double or some combination thereof. Imagine the outermost flower with the banded colored rim and the inner flower with a solid color or vice versa...Oooh La La!

FSH, TX

Could you post a picture of the calyx? A side view?

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

Brugman, can't get a pic yet, checked though and from the back of the flower it does look like a versi/candida calyx, the bloom open now is like that, with 2 slits on the front.
Tig, this is the one you got a cutting from i was wondering if it was twisted sister. the color varies, and the flower size varies greatly, some blooms almost twice the size of others open at the same time. i really really like this one, and it's been a pretty good bloomer for me considering it is in a pot and sometimes wilts with lack of water. will have more blooms open soon.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

how have you got it marked now?? A new Knight hybrid will open tonight and the tendrils are twisting pretty good now. Don't know if they will curl as much as your's but will have a picture later.

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

thinking it is D X S, marked eric's stick!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

so we don't know if it's L, R or M right? hoping to have seeds, this one is in the ground, and I may take it up if I have room in the greenroom, if not, I'll take the cutting if a pod sets.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.