Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: Clematis"Not Nelly Moser"

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

I bought this at Wal-marts..It was marked Nelly Moser. This is the first bloom...it should be pink and white stripe, but it is this color. On the back of the flower it has a white stripe down the middle.....Any one know which one I have...????? Thanks...Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Are the sepals (the things that you'd think are petals) all the same colour, not striped WG?

There are a few this colour, but i think it looks most like Mrs Cholmondeley - a vastly superior clematis to Nelly (IMHO). If you keep her well fed and watered and prune as B or 2 rather than cutting hard back, she will give abundant flowers both early and late in the season.
:)

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes the petals on the front side are all the same color. It is the back of the petal, that has a white like stripe..
The reason I wanted Netty...was it was said to bloom in somewhat of shade....But I am happy with this one...I think it is also happy where it is planted.....Thanks...I would be very glad to change her to the right name...Mrs Cholmondeley if you still think that is what she is...and I will do as you say.....Diana

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes, i think rather than being shade tolerant, Nelly shouldn't be planted in sun because her colours fade so fast there. So she looks better in the shade.

Not certain that this is Mrs Cholmondeley, but it seems most likely to me, so good luck. It looks a lovely clematis anyway......enjoy!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks I will think so.....I am already enjoying it..What ever it is........Diana

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Great pic! Wanna change cameras?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.