DG Crossville, TN Roundup 2002

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Of the three I had, this was the best. It was really too dark to take a good shot, but we'll know that for the next roundup! :) There will be hi-res pictures available at DG soon - watch for the announcement and a URL here.

:) Kimberley

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Kimberly, for as dark as it was, and considering the group you had to work with, I am just amazed by this picture!! I think it's great, nobody's blinking and it's very clear. Thank you so much for all you did, and thanks for this picture!!!! love you

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

That's a great one. Thanks for all the prep work you did - making all those letters and planning out the photo shoot. You are a patient one!

Can't wait to see the scrapbook you'll be making.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

what a nice picture!!!!!! now to match up the names and faces :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

row 1 l-r: Darius, Flowox, Carol7, go_vols, Gardenwife

row 2 l-r: Justdot, Melody, smiln32, eyesoftexas, Elena, Calalily, Mikepiper, Badseed, Gardenhubby

back row l-r: Yardbird, Azalea, Shoe, Dave, Vic (tall guy behind her, Hank her DH), Nana, roadrunner, Iris, tiG, DeeinFl, tmmy2001, GaRedClay, TNmom, GrannyLois, mystic

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, you guys! :) I had a lot of fun making those and discovered how cool it is to not have to trace out stencils anymore. I just used WordArt in Publisher and printed the outline of the letters really big so I could cut them out easily. Sure saved me on ink!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Kimberly... Considering the time of day and getting all of us still...What a great shot!! THANKS

Excellent shot! That came out nicely.

Surry, VA(Zone 7b)

Kimberly, you did a great job! Thanks for doing this for us!

Crossville, TN

This is great....Jo

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

That is a wonderful picture.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Great picture Kim.

OH! Good One Kimberly!...And Hank's doing his job on this one - LOL...I knew there was one camera that photographed while we were all paying attention. LOL

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

This is an awesome shot! I'm going to print & share it with my Bump on his birthday :) Great job, Kim. Two thumbs up for Hank *giggle*

Crossville, TN

KIMBERLY,
GREAT SHOT...THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK ON THE PICTURE,
GLAD WE GOT TO MEET...BY THE WAY..SCOUT SAYS WOOF, WOOF
WOOF, TRANSLATED TO MISS YOU EMMA
TNmom

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Boof, Boof, rrrrrrrrrrrrrruff? Translated to: What am I, chopped liver? Signed, Sarah. ;)

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

HI Kim this turned out great.

Can't wait to see all the other pics.

Mike

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Good one Kim..........especially since those of us in the second row know why they call it Rocky Top!!!

"eyes"

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Rocky Knees Retreat, huh?

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Something like that.........I'll bet we spent a half an hour picking rocks out of our knees!! Kinda hard to smile with spikes drilling yer knees, ya know. But, we did it!!!

"eyes"

Iola, WI

Printed & Labeled!
Now I know who I'm talkin' to!
That gives me an idea! Check this out: http://home.connectnet.com/woolie/
I'll have to ask Dave about the possibilities for something like that here!
Sue

PS: Wish I could've gone, sounds like "a good time was had by all"

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

FOr those of you who asked for a large copy of this picture, you can download it at http://davesgarden.com/~gardenwife/roundup/ here at DG. The large one is almost a megabyte in size, but should be good for printing. :)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

((((((((((Kim)))))))).......this is terrific!!

"eyes"

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I apologize it isn't cropped proportionally for an 8.5x11" print. There was a lot of empty space above and below the group and it detracted from the people. If you upload the picture to be printed by a lab or take it to a store to print, you might need to add white space above and below it so they don't crop it oddly. Guess it's a good shot for scrapbooks, but not for pre-cut matting and frames!

Next year....We'll take it earlier so it's not grainy in the dim light, and try to arrange folks closer or have the camera farther back.

Hindsight's always 20/20. ;)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

(And next time we'll make sure we have our trusty kneeling pads to cushion those poor knees!!!)

Great shot, Kim - and thanks so much for doing all the pre-work with the letters and everything; too cool!

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Next time, I'll use my "good" camera on a tripod and I can print as many copies as we want. I'm nearly finished with getting my photography certificate at Auburn University here in Montgomery, so hopefully I can do you all justice.

Sadly, I had my camera at the roundup with me, but didn't know we were doing this, so didn't have a chance to get it.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

My DH got several shots with an Instant 35mm........if they come back good, I'll send a print on to someone that has a scanner.

"eyes"

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Great, Eyes! :)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Great shot. I still don't understand why I had to STAND ON A BUCKET to get in the photo. lol

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Thought I'd bump this so some of the newer DG members could see the motley crew from the first annual roundup. :)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmmmmm..."RoundUp encouragement", eh!? You dawg! :>)

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

just going down memory lane and enjoying some of the pictures of the roundup - I guess I had forgotten how many people came to this round up......

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great picture. Must have been a really good time. You all look like you had enjoyed the day.

Forgot to say that comparing this picture to more recent ones of some of you....you all look just as good now as you did then.

This message was edited Wednesday, Jun 25th 8:57 PM

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Some of us look even better -- like Badseed! You ROCK, girl!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hehehe....I've always loved the Tenn Roundup Pics! Trust me folks, we were a Happy Bunch there!...Every one! That was history in the making! All the more reason to make more history, eh?

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I sure am looking forward to being part of this great group this Sept. I hope it's as fabulous as last years. Can't wait to meet you all.

Donna

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

SoCal, it'll be even more fabulous since you'll be there too ;)

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Oh shucks Susan, don't make me blush... :-)

Donna

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

:)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Memories...I am scrapbooking that picture tonight (yeah, I am way behind!) and had to look up this thread so I could write down a few of the names here. :)

The 2007 KYRU is right around the corner! I PROMISE I will hunt down my old hard drive that has the 2004 roundup pics on it from Prizer Point. I got busy after we got home, put it off, and never did post them. We'll all have to think about it as finding an old roll of film. Surprise! LOL

This message was edited Aug 24, 2007 7:05 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images