-
AuthorContent
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2002
10:45 PM

Post #34937

Does anyone use one the pond vacs the supply companies sell? Do they really work or are they a waste of money? After ceaning all the much off the bottom of mine - I thought it might be time to investigate the vacs available. This one is a bit expensive but if it worked well it would be worth the money http://www.pondmarket.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=43
azsteve905
New Albany, MS
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2002
5:08 AM

Post #295801

Also has anyone ever tried the pool vacs like you get at walmart for those above ground pools? They are inexpensive also. Just an idea.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2002
7:37 AM

Post #295828

We use one of those small ones, also sold as a whirlpool vacuum in our above ground pool. I find that the small particles get through the net-like the algae you see as green but that has no real substance. It is great for leaves, small pebbles, etc.
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2002
6:36 AM

Post #296391

Shop-vac has a new vacuum that is called the QPV. You can drain it while vacuuming out a garden hose connection. I have tried several of the pond and swimming pool vacuums out on the market and haven't found anything that can come close in power and useability to this QPV Shop-vac. I am not in anyway connected to Shop-vac, just a satisfied user of this product. Lani

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2002
2:26 AM

Post #297440

Hey ,where do you find that?I've never seen one.I was trying to figure out how to rig my shop vac into a pond vac...
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2002
3:25 AM

Post #297490

this is a new product by Shop-vac. It is great because as it vaccuums it empties where you put the hose nozzle. It won't electrocute you as long as you follow the instructions. Really a great invention.
azsteve905
New Albany, MS
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2002
1:12 AM

Post #303781

Not being electrocuted is a good thing in my opion. So might check on getting one of those. Sounds like a good product to me.
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2002
1:56 AM

Post #303816

I wonder if this would be too strong?? Would it suck up my baby fish?
Ponditis
Lincoln City, OR
(Zone 9a)

July 16, 2002
3:38 PM

Post #304302

It would suck up your baby fish. I would suggest that you first remove the babies that you want to keep and use it only for actual cleaning of the pond unless you want to clean the pond of the babies. It will even remove a fair sized fish so be careful or put a netting over the intake before use.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America