Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Pond Vac??

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Does anyone use one the pond vacs the supply companies sell? Do they really work or are they a waste of money? After ceaning all the much off the bottom of mine - I thought it might be time to investigate the vacs available. This one is a bit expensive but if it worked well it would be worth the money http://www.pondmarket.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=43

New Albany, MS(Zone 7a)

Also has anyone ever tried the pool vacs like you get at walmart for those above ground pools? They are inexpensive also. Just an idea.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We use one of those small ones, also sold as a whirlpool vacuum in our above ground pool. I find that the small particles get through the net-like the algae you see as green but that has no real substance. It is great for leaves, small pebbles, etc.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Shop-vac has a new vacuum that is called the QPV. You can drain it while vacuuming out a garden hose connection. I have tried several of the pond and swimming pool vacuums out on the market and haven't found anything that can come close in power and useability to this QPV Shop-vac. I am not in anyway connected to Shop-vac, just a satisfied user of this product. Lani

Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

Hey ,where do you find that?I've never seen one.I was trying to figure out how to rig my shop vac into a pond vac...

this is a new product by Shop-vac. It is great because as it vaccuums it empties where you put the hose nozzle. It won't electrocute you as long as you follow the instructions. Really a great invention.

New Albany, MS(Zone 7a)

Not being electrocuted is a good thing in my opion. So might check on getting one of those. Sounds like a good product to me.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I wonder if this would be too strong?? Would it suck up my baby fish?

It would suck up your baby fish. I would suggest that you first remove the babies that you want to keep and use it only for actual cleaning of the pond unless you want to clean the pond of the babies. It will even remove a fair sized fish so be careful or put a netting over the intake before use.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.