Tokyo, Japan

Any Epi pros know this one?
Grown from seeds from a plant hanging from the branches of a tree on the shore of Lake Catemaco, Veracruz, Mexico. Seeds collected in 1993 - cactus bloomed for the first time in Sept. 2001.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the fruit, but I seem to remember it was large and shaped like the comercially available pitaya/dragon fruit.

Any help on id greatly appreciated!!!

Thumbnail by Lophophora
Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

It looks rather similar to this photo that I posted a few days ago.

http://davesgarden.com/showthread/284442.html

I have had mine for a number of years. The blossoms open in the evening and usually stay open through the next day.

Tokyo, Japan

Thanks George!

They do look alike. Did yours come labeled?

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

I have had it so long that I cannot remember how I came to have it. My very first, a pink variety, came from a couple who were selling their small plastic greenhouse. I bought the greenhouse and the plant. Later I bought some more exotic ones, one was name Three Oranges, but none survived the long term. Now I have another pink that is different from the old one, this white that are a mystery to me. Thus is the problem of growing old.

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Lopophora, I don't know what your cactus is, but I do want to welcome you to Dave's Garden! This is a great place as I'm sure you will soon see (if you haven't already). Lots of nice, helpful people here and a personable webmaster to boot. If you ever have any questions on how to use your journal, the tradetracker or anything else, drop me a line. I'd be glad to help! And, thank you so much for all your additions to the Plants Database! They are much appreciated.

BTW, a good searchable picture database for plants around the Texas/Mexico area is http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/gallery/gallery_query.htm If you have a common name, part of the latin or even just a family, you may be able to find your plant there. Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.