I sure wish Horseshoe would stop by...

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

and tell us a tall tale...haven't heard one in a while. How 'bout you Patty? Are you missing those stories right about now??;-) Bye, Lisa

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

I agree, Lisa! Horseshoe always brings a different angle to things and gets you smiling. His stories really can get you going..OK, Horseshoe, where are you?
Hey Lisa..let's just send him the link over here, directly to this thread!
Trish

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Go ahead Trish! Good luck..I've sent him an email, asking him to "drop in." I hope he does! Bye, Lisa

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Well shut mah mouth! A big howdy-do to ya'll! Sure makin' me feel special w/this here special thread! Have been busier than a cow's tale in fly season around here lately!! Stopped in last nite but didn't think I could post for some reason...let me see if this goes thru.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Yee-haw! It made it! I was assuming that where you post a reply my name would show up where it says "FROM()"... mercy me! Anyway, like I's saying, such great weather we're having here the past two days (daze) so I've been trying to get some much needed work done. Will be in the low 60's here today! Tall Tales? Me? Hmmm...wonder where ya'll got that idea from?
Anyway, such a nice day now that the sun is drying things out a bit...
...Why it reminds me of the time me and Big Rex, my grandfather, (he was BIG Rex and I was LITTLE Rex), and Emerson Jones (the oldest Jones in Jone's Valley) were sittin' on Emerson's front porch back in nineteen-ought-seven...I'se shooting flies off the rafters w/a BB gun, Big Rex was sneezing right out loud and disturbin' the folks across the valley w/it (when he sneezed it always sounded to me like some really huge man hollerin' for some guy named Horatio...I can still hear it now...
"ah, ahhhh, ho-RAY(!)SHE-OHHH!!!)
...anyway, all of a sudden Big Rex saw it! yep, SAW IT! 'Twas a Duck-billed platypus making its' way across the sweet grass back into the crick. Big Rex was really excited about it! Emerson said he'd seen 'em all his life..."used to be even more'n ONE of 'em" he said, as he leaned forward in his rocker to make us think he needed the shorter distance to get his 'bacca spit off the edge of the porch. (Me and Big Rex both knew better...why Emerson could close his eyes and spit tobacco juice thru a keyhole at thirty paces! He only leaned forward to make a bit of airspace in his overalls so's he could expell a "quiet" bit of his lunch's 'afterthought', to put it politely).

Ahh..anyway, like I said, such a nice day now that the sun is drying things out a bit....Hope ya'll have fun, and keep smiling! (and forgive me if I've related this memory before.)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanx fer stawpin' bahy Horseshowe! :-)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Aww gee....shucks....'twern't nuthin'....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images