Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Water Gardens: Here's a pic of my 1st pond!!

Communities > Forums > Water Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Water GardensReplies: 4, Views: 363
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TraciS
Temple, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 18, 2002
1:23 PM

Post #36469

Well, I'm a Ponder too!! My pond is relatively new, but we alredy have tons of babies. Some are butterfly Koi and a few are shubunkins and the others, it is hard to tell, one of em' has an orange head and tail, w/a black streak going down it's back. At the top of the pic is my bog, and I have tadpoles up there and lots of frogs. It is strange, no matter how long you have your pond you are always still excited and having to buy New things for it. I still need more rocks, but we'ss finish one day I hope. I used an old blue pool liner, becuz I had heard talk of it and I had to start out as cheap as possible to talk hubby into it, and it worked. Now he's so proud of it too, and he's the one that shows it off first!!! He worked hard digging that thing out with a jack hammer, to get thru this Red Ga Clay! Well, talk to you guys later!

Happy Ponding!
Traci S

Thumbnail by TraciS
Click the image for an enlarged view.

imaseedpicker

(Zone 8a)

July 18, 2002
1:34 PM

Post #305858

You have a very nice pond! I have had mine now for 4 yrs and I just love it! First thing in the morn I'm at the pond to make sure all is okay!

It can be hard work but it is worth every drop of sweat to see the fish swimming around happy!

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2002
1:57 PM

Post #305860

Traci, very nice - thanks for sharing the pic!

I think you're right; no matter how long you've had a pond, they're always fun to "play with". Our two ponds were here when we bought the house two years ago. Since then, we took out the waterfall/stream the previous owners built, then we emptied the pond and dug out a shelf all the way around (we have soil VERY similar to yours...)

This year, we added a bog filter with a smaller waterfall, then a bog garden next to that. Something tells me next year I'll have another inspired idea and will want to change or add something else ;0)
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 18, 2002
11:51 PM

Post #306386

Traci that is really pretty you have done a great job I am new to ponding too and already see I love it. I think we can learn togehter.
golddog
Western, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2002
2:13 AM

Post #306494

Congrats on doing it yourselves. Nice job!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America