-
AuthorContent
WantabeGardener
Jerome, MI
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2002
5:08 PM

Post #36701

This is our little pond...we love to set by it and watch, and listen...we have 6 frogs that are now living, with 4 gold fish...they are very happy...Thought I would share...
Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Click the image for an enlarged view.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

July 20, 2002
6:28 PM

Post #307591

Diana that is really pretty. I have never seen some of the plants you have.
Badseed
Lynchburg, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 20, 2002
6:41 PM

Post #307600

Diana, that is so pretty! It looks so calm and soothing. I finally built one myself and am headed out to build a little bench so we can sit and enjoy it. We bought some fish and the kids have named them all. It is such a joy for all of us. Thank you for sharing yours. :)
Hugs,
Michele
imaseedpicker

(Zone 8a)

July 20, 2002
6:45 PM

Post #307602

Nice pond! Is that a peace lily in it? And the smaller floating plants azolla?

I bought some azolla and my koi gobbled it up!
WantabeGardener
Jerome, MI
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2002
7:19 PM

Post #307613

Thanks you guys..Got all these plants from my plant friends, they made it happen...(Imaseed)..yes that is a peace lily..we had it in the house.in a glass vase...with water..and a S. fighting fish..fish died..than spring was here...so DH..cut out a piece of styro form, and made a hole in middle...it now floats around in the pond...I have just 4 reg. gold fish, and they do not eat the azolla...you want a surprise about the water lilies...well this is almost in total shade...very little sun...and they are floating silks...everyone thinks they are real--Even the frogs don't know the difference. There is one live waterlily in there..but of course it is not doing very well...thanks again...Diana

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 345 Apr 13, 2014 11:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America