Calla Lilies: calla lily seed pod

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

i found a seed pod but it was seperated from the sorry looking mother plant and still green. will these seed be good? do i have to dry them or plant them like this? how do i start the seed?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Farmgirl, haven't done seed, but the mother plant is going dormant, keep it on the dry side, it will come back up next spring.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

I've saved seeds, just leave them on the plant for a while till they dry up a bit. I have a photo on here somewhere of my seed pod that Iam waiting on. I'll try to find it and post it here for you

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

thanks pebble but the problem is i found the seed pod on the ground off the plant. i guess the winds and rain we had knocked it off i was wondering if they would be any good. and how i would start them if they were.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

I guess just let them dry, then extract them from their little pod, I would plant some now just to see if they are viable...

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Strange thing about these seeds is no matter how long I leave them to dry out...they are still soft feeling. I had some last year that I recieved in a trade and I took each small seed and took it out of the soft shell and let them dry out that way. They seemed to dry a little better that way. I planted a whole seed pods worth and only got 2 plants. They of course did not bloom this year, but am hoping they will next year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images