I have photo paper (glossy for prints.)I would like to know if I can use it with my printer and prints from my files. Can I keep it from darkening when exposed to light? I tried putting a leaf on it and where the leaf was it left a lighter print. When I removed the leaf it finished darkening. The paper stock is sealed in black plastic. I hope It all wasn't exposed when I took out a page! Can any one advise me? I'm going to find a way to use it somehow:)
I would advise against using it with an inkjet printer because the coating on the paper could come off on your print heads or rollers in your printer and damage them. And because of the chemicals used in photo paper, it's not suitable for use in any heat-generating device like a laser printer or photocopier.
Why don't you make some collages with leaves, mementos and stuff? You could do some pretty creative things with it, I bet. Maybe do collages, and then add your own hand-tinting. I wonder what would happen if you laid film negatives on top of the paper - that'd be interesting to find out.
The Photogram: Using a variety of two and three dimensional objects which block light, make an arrangement on top of an 8x10 photo paper. Expose and develop this paper to capture the arrangement. Experiment with unusual objects, i.e. magazine clippings, shards of glass, odd materials, etc. to make creative compositions. http://www.arts.arizona.edu/photo/photonotes/pn1.html
Thanks Kim, I knew someone would have some good advise for me. I sure don't want to screw up my printer. going to try some chemical tests on my own...vinegar,bleach,amonia ,etc.
maybe some glue on rubberstamps. and may can use as frames with decorative cut edges as in some scrapbooking techniques.
Hey kim, been there and done that! when we were first married we moved in a real filthy place. I mixed amonia and chlorox together (in a sm bath) and nearly choked myself to death. well it did polish that toilet sparkling clean. I learned my lesson well.
Lest someone read your post and decide their grungy toilet is worth "nearly choking to death" - amonia plus clorox is a VERY DANGEROUS MIX and generates chlorine gas (I believe that's the gas). Anyhow, please do not mix the two -very dangerous!