Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cameras and Photography: photography(?)

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 7, Views: 167
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tink76627
Blum, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 23, 2002
1:23 PM

Post #36968

I have photo paper (glossy for prints.)I would like to know if I can use it with my printer and prints from my files. Can I keep it from darkening when exposed to light? I tried putting a leaf on it and where the leaf was it left a lighter print. When I removed the leaf it finished darkening. The paper stock is sealed in black plastic. I hope It all wasn't exposed when I took out a page! Can any one advise me? I'm going to find a way to use it somehow:)
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 23, 2002
4:36 PM

Post #309666

I would advise against using it with an inkjet printer because the coating on the paper could come off on your print heads or rollers in your printer and damage them. And because of the chemicals used in photo paper, it's not suitable for use in any heat-generating device like a laser printer or photocopier.

Why don't you make some collages with leaves, mementos and stuff? You could do some pretty creative things with it, I bet. Maybe do collages, and then add your own hand-tinting. I wonder what would happen if you laid film negatives on top of the paper - that'd be interesting to find out.

You could be Mrs. Science!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 23, 2002
4:46 PM

Post #309670

Here's an example from a syllabus:

The Photogram: Using a variety of two and three dimensional objects which block light, make an arrangement on top of an 8x10 photo paper. Expose and develop this paper to capture the arrangement. Experiment with unusual objects, i.e. magazine clippings, shards of glass, odd materials, etc. to make creative compositions. http://www.arts.arizona.edu/photo/photonotes/pn1.html

tink76627
Blum, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
3:39 PM

Post #310428

Thanks Kim, I knew someone would have some good advise for me. I sure don't want to screw up my printer. going to try some chemical tests on my own...vinegar,bleach,amonia ,etc.
maybe some glue on rubberstamps. and may can use as frames with decorative cut edges as in some scrapbooking techniques.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2002
6:08 PM

Post #310550

Do it in a well-ventilated area - you never know how they may react, LOL. You might start writing some really far out posts, and then we'll know! ;)
tink76627
Blum, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 25, 2002
3:08 PM

Post #311308

Hey kim, been there and done that! when we were first married we moved in a real filthy place. I mixed amonia and chlorox together (in a sm bath) and nearly choked myself to death. well it did polish that toilet sparkling clean. I learned my lesson well.

pbyrley

pbyrley
Port St Lucie (+ Wk , FL
(Zone 9b)

July 25, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8713613

tink76627
Lest someone read your post and decide their grungy toilet is worth "nearly choking to death" - amonia plus clorox is a VERY DANGEROUS MIX and generates chlorine gas (I believe that's the gas). Anyhow, please do not mix the two -very dangerous!

Paul

pbyrley

pbyrley
Port St Lucie (+ Wk , FL
(Zone 9b)

July 25, 2011
5:03 AM

Post #8713616

Wow, I just saw the date of tink's last post - 2002! Guess her (his?) lungs survived or succumbed to the gas attack by now. Hope they survived.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM
Benefits of upgrading to the Canon 30D? Melissa_Ohio 16 Mar 14, 2007 5:49 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America