-
AuthorContent
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 23, 2002
6:47 PM

Post #36999

Okay, it is just a water hyacinth, but it IS the first bloom in my water garden!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Click the image for an enlarged view.

imaseedpicker

(Zone 8a)

July 23, 2002
6:48 PM

Post #309742

Aren't they gorgeous! Still waiting for mine to bloom!
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 23, 2002
8:24 PM

Post #309798

get to the store and get you some Jobe tree spikes, the lilies will need fertilizing when they get there.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 23, 2002
8:33 PM

Post #309808

LOL Will do tiG! By the looks of my water, I may need to grab some Algaefix too. It got really hot and humid here but is supposed to cool down for a couple of days. Thanks a bunch!
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 23, 2002
10:14 PM

Post #309855

how big is your pond (gallons?) I might have enough to stick a couple of treatments in, and the lilies will help tons
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 23, 2002
11:31 PM

Post #309897

When I told the girl at the fish place the measurements, she said 1380 gallons. Once I measured it, I realized it was actually two feet longer. I dug a *bit* more than I thought. LOL
imaseedpicker

(Zone 8a)

July 23, 2002
11:55 PM

Post #309903

Badseed...What size is your filter? I had algae really bad this year and was told to filter all the water in pond once an hour which was 3000 gls so I bought a 3000 gl filter and my water cleared within a couple days!
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
2:45 AM

Post #310041

I think sometimes we make too much of totally clear water. Is that the healthiest? not always. don't want it thick:) but you should try for a balance, not perfection.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2002
3:09 AM

Post #310078

I need to check the pump and see. I don't remember. I am not going to freak out just yet as my pond is new and I am still lacking in the plant department. LOL It is in an area where it gets a lot of sun and I am waiting for plants to get bigger and also add more water plants. I'll see how it goes after that.
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
3:26 AM

Post #310107

next week will be a totally different story. the lilies really will help and I haven't checked on the algaefix yet, but will in the morning. Good not to freak when you have heart problems!!!!
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2002
1:18 PM

Post #310327

LOL tiG! Have I told you lately how much I love you?? :) I'll keep my freaking to a minimum. LOL
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
1:27 PM

Post #310333

you be sure and do that! by the middle of August everything you have in that pond is going to be going really well, and you wont' believe it's a first year pond!
imaseedpicker

(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
2:46 PM

Post #310376

Tig...you have a point there but my pond was loaded with nitrites from the algae and that is what was killing my fish so now my new bio filter has balanced my water and I know it is healthy for my fish for they stopped dying and are happy as can be! And I can see them again...Yipeee!!!

Badseed...I didn't mean to maybe upset you, didn't realize you have health problems! I'm only trying to help out a new ponder from my inexperience when I began ponding and now the knowledge that I have after running into problems to pass along to help others!

Happy Ponding to all!!!
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
2:52 PM

Post #310383

rebecca, I do believe in testing for things. But if the fish seem fine and it's just a little green, that's really more natural than totally clear. Glad you got yours straightened out.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2002
3:01 PM

Post #310393

I am not upset in the least! My pond has only been filled for about two weeks and it is in nearly full sun and I am lacking in plants (but people here are being very helpful!). I am not throwing down or ignoring any advice. :) So long as the plants and fish look healthy, I am going to take the wait and see approach. I may need a bigger pump, but won't know until I see what I have. I am also waiting for my good bacteria to build up. For now all is well, just slightly green. All is well in the land of Michele. LOL
For now, all I know is that my heart beats out of rythym and I am on meds and testing to see what causes it and how it can be fixed. I'll be fine. :) Thanks for the concern. Now, who wants to help me weed and plant more plants?? LOL Cala is coming. Scream! She will see my weeds and disorder. LOL
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
3:03 PM

Post #310394

don't worry, she's seen mine and it didn't kill her:) LOL!!
imaseedpicker

(Zone 8a)

July 24, 2002
5:11 PM

Post #310497

Okay Badseed! Hope it goes well for you! If not check about filtering your water better!

If you could find someone with frogbit or water lettuce...they are floaters and multiplies like crazy it will cover really fast! I had loads last year but my koi ate it!

I have a little in a smaller pond that is spreading some..

Good luck! If you run into problems give me an email and I will be more than happy to help!

Cheers!
Rebecca

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 361 Jun 7, 2014 5:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America