Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Lord Baltimore' (Hibiscus moscheutos)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 4, Views: 431
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

July 26, 2002
11:10 PM

Post #37394

Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Lord Baltimore'
Hibiscus moscheutos

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/40923/

Thumbnail by Brugie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

July 26, 2002
11:20 PM

Post #312520

Brugie, do you grow these? that looks like one i have is very bushy, goes about 6 foot tall so far. hot pink flowers. i also have a smaller one, the color is FSU. these are great for this part of the woods, come back like clock work in the spring, no fuss. "garnet"...lol
Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

July 27, 2002
12:16 AM

Post #312558

Yes, Arlene, I do have them. Just took that picture the 22nd. of this month. It isn't quite as red as the flower really is though. Have to love anything that comes back from year to year.
mcspartatn
Sparta, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 20, 2006
12:25 PM

Post #2298872

Love hibiscus. I live in zone 6b in Sparta, TN not far from McMinnville. I had 2 hibiscus in pots last year and was told they would not survive outside. Kept them inside but I apparently let them get too dry and they died. I'm looking for a bush and or vining type that will grow outside, any suggestions folks? Marvin
uswalker39
Somerset, NJ

July 16, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9207301

I live in New Jersey and I am also in reg 6 and I have 2 of these Hibiscus and have had them for at least 10 years. They come up each year.They are in bloom at the present time and like he said are much redder than the picture and big as a dinner plate.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America