Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Lord Baltimore' (Hibiscus moscheutos)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Common name: Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Lord Baltimore'
Family: Malvaceae
Genus: Hibiscus
Species moscheutos

Thumbnail by Brugie
Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

Brugie, do you grow these? that looks like one i have is very bushy, goes about 6 foot tall so far. hot pink flowers. i also have a smaller one, the color is FSU. these are great for this part of the woods, come back like clock work in the spring, no fuss. "garnet"......lol

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Yes, Arlene, I do have them. Just took that picture the 22nd. of this month. It isn't quite as red as the flower really is though. Have to love anything that comes back from year to year.

Sparta, TN(Zone 6b)

Love hibiscus. I live in zone 6b in Sparta, TN not far from McMinnville. I had 2 hibiscus in pots last year and was told they would not survive outside. Kept them inside but I apparently let them get too dry and they died. I'm looking for a bush and or vining type that will grow outside, any suggestions folks? Marvin

Somerset, NJ

I live in New Jersey and I am also in reg 6 and I have 2 of these Hibiscus and have had them for at least 10 years. They come up each year.They are in bloom at the present time and like he said are much redder than the picture and big as a dinner plate.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.