Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pets: Bertha got a hair cut!!

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 10, Views: 347
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 27, 2002
9:10 PM

Post #37495

Bertha just loves to ride in the truck, and since she got her new hair cut she really likes riding around town showing off her new do! LOL

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 27, 2002
9:49 PM

Post #313079

I bet she feels soooo much cooler! Our neighbors have an English sheep dog, and Lucky just got her summer 'do about a month ago. I almost didn't recognize her! As a matter of fact, until she got the clipping, I wasn't sure she was even a she!
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 27, 2002
11:42 PM

Post #313133

LOL Everyone that see's Big Bertha thinks she is a HE!!
First thing they say is Man he sure is big...does he bite?
LOL Dh always says well SHE ain't never bit me hee hee
Most everyone is scared of her because of her size. But she wouldn't even hurt a flea. Our poor meterman gets real nerveous when he has to come read the meter...b/c she is barking like a fog horn, but what he don't know is she is TTing all over the place b/c she is more scared of him!! LOL
She'd be a lap dog if I let her!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 28, 2002
12:40 AM

Post #313172

The local feed drive-thru has a great pyranese who comes to work there with his daddy. Shadow's a big baby, too, but people sure do give him plenty of space, LOL.
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 28, 2002
12:42 AM

Post #313176

LOL :)
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

July 28, 2002
2:48 AM

Post #313246

Would love a picture of my babydog Ming (shih-tzu)sitting next to your babydog. !
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

July 28, 2002
3:26 AM

Post #313278

I'm sure she is much cooler and happy about the new haircut. I clipped our dogs a month or more ago. It's something I do at least once a summer for their own good and to cut down on the hair they shed all over the house.
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 28, 2002
4:42 AM

Post #313338

Mings, I'm sure Bertha and your baby dog would look soo cute sitting together! and would probably play for hours too, Bertha is just a big ole baby anyways and she loves to play.

Leaf, I know what you mean about the hair getting everywhere, although we don't let Bertha in the house there is hair flying all around in the yard from where she was shedding. I think the birds love it though, making their nest out of it. I found a nest about 3 weeks ago that had hair in it...and it had to be Bertha's! LOL Made a nice soft bed for the babies though I'm sure hee hee
Larayne66
Immingham, Near Grim
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2008
8:02 PM

Post #5712433

It is a long while since this thread was started but I just had to comment on this lovely dog of yours. Of course, I am biased as I have a handsome staffie whyo rarely moults and has very little fur on his tummy...

Best wishes
Lorraine

Also he is as gentle as a lamb and loves everybody!! Except he has been attacked by three different male rottweilers and now tends to treat that breed very warily until they prove their good intentions.

Thumbnail by Larayne66
Click the image for an enlarged view.

NEGA_HILLS
Mount Airy, GA

July 30, 2009
8:36 PM

Post #6886018

What a sweet lovable face your Bertha has! I know she is enjoying her new "do."

Ellen
glenellen
Humble, TX

August 8, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8744516

I have two beautiful full coated poms. This summer I finally consented to let my daughter get them a "lion cut". Oh, I loved it, and they looked so cute, however, the cost is rather beyond my budget for trims. I decided to just let it all grow out!! Oh my, Oh, my - their undercoat is growing in first. It is dense and wooly looking and I feel sorry for them (and me too!) because they look so pitiful. I just hope the hair grows back at all. I've heard some horror stories, as I researched it **after** the short shave was done. Here in Texas, winter is coming, and will last about 5 weeks. LOL, so I really don't have to worry about them being cold.

Wish me luck!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM
mom and son saying goodbye fairyhunter 1 Sep 7, 2013 12:35 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America