Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Crown of Thorns, Christ Plant, Siamese Lucky Plant (Euphorbia milii)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 3, Views: 830
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

July 30, 2002
4:06 PM

Post #37974

Crown of Thorns, Christ Plant, Siamese Lucky Plant
Euphorbia milii

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1925/

Thumbnail by darius
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lenjo
Mount Angel, OR
(Zone 8a)

July 30, 2002
7:33 PM

Post #315216

With those big glossy leaves it looks tropical. Is it? I have one euphorbia bet the leaves aren't like this, they are small and have a tinge of orange to them.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

July 30, 2002
7:40 PM

Post #315221

This is not my plant; I took the photo while visiting a friend a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the leaves looking as glossy as they do in the photo. I do know he takes it in for the winter. He keeps promising a start for me...
lazepherine
Seattle, WA

April 24, 2007
6:05 PM

Post #3426494

Well, the leaves are wet - you can see in the picture that there are droplets of water on the leaves and bracts. It is a beautiful green that came out in the picture, but the glossy texture seems to be from the water; it's even pooling in some of the leaves. Also, I've seen euphorbia milii (C. of thorns) that have dark green, smooth almost strappy leaves, and others that have shorter, mottled leaves with mixed colorings of green, grey, orange, and purplish-brown. Some of this may be due to variance in light levels or sun scorch, but most of this coloring is just their natural foliage; it's all about the plethora of varieties available. Some are pretty ugly but facinating in their own way. Gorgeous shot by the way.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America