Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Mail Call!: memories of my childhood came in the mail!!!!

Communities > Forums > Mail Call!
bookmark
Forum: Mail Call!Replies: 4, Views: 143
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pebble
Bodrum
Turkey
(Zone 10a)

April 27, 2001
3:06 PM

Post #4201

JustmeLisa and I had a trade a while back, I dont remember what I sent her, but she sent me some Loquat trees, in the course of our correspondence I had mentioned that I hadnt eaten any loquats since my childhood eons ago in Turkey, and that I couldnt wait for the trees to mature and give fruit, then found out that the chance of them giving fruit in my climate was nil to none...So Lisa decided she would send me some...Yo can imagine my delight when her box arrived yesterday just full of fruits, she must have figured that some wouldnt make it, hence the abudance of them, packaged as gingerly as mother's finest china might have been... I cannot describe the burst of sensations upon my first bite, emotions flooding back as vividly as if I were back in that time frame with nary a care in the world, a little girl with pig tails climbing the loquat tree and eating as many as I could stuff into my mouth, I could practically smell the stifling hot air that we had in Turkey during the season when loquats are ripe.

I won't forget that a kind lady way on the other side of the country went out of her way to send me something to remind me of my cherished past.

Arent we just amazing, we group of people here at Dave's, bonding through our love of gardening, going out of our way to give so generously to people who but for this site were complete strangers. I am in awe of the friendships, comaraderies that we have formed, and humbled to be a part of this wonderful group of people.

THANK YOU LISA FOR LETTING ME EXPERIENCE MY CHILDHOOD AGAIN!

Pebble

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Mail Call! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Chris-Buried Treasures Moodene 49 Oct 5, 2007 10:06 PM
Lg. pots to put in your garden ChiaLea 7 Dec 13, 2009 7:15 PM
problems with post office Spider07 13 Jul 5, 2010 7:38 AM
I thought this forum was about mail Pinita 5 Jun 2, 2008 8:33 PM
Calling NatureWalker!!! Sequee 1 Feb 1, 2008 10:54 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America