memories of my childhood came in the mail!!!!

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

JustmeLisa and I had a trade a while back, I dont remember what I sent her, but she sent me some Loquat trees, in the course of our correspondence I had mentioned that I hadnt eaten any loquats since my childhood eons ago in Turkey, and that I couldnt wait for the trees to mature and give fruit, then found out that the chance of them giving fruit in my climate was nil to none....So Lisa decided she would send me some......Yo can imagine my delight when her box arrived yesterday just full of fruits, she must have figured that some wouldnt make it, hence the abudance of them, packaged as gingerly as mother's finest china might have been.... I cannot describe the burst of sensations upon my first bite, emotions flooding back as vividly as if I were back in that time frame with nary a care in the world, a little girl with pig tails climbing the loquat tree and eating as many as I could stuff into my mouth, I could practically smell the stifling hot air that we had in Turkey during the season when loquats are ripe.

I won't forget that a kind lady way on the other side of the country went out of her way to send me something to remind me of my cherished past.

Arent we just amazing, we group of people here at Dave's, bonding through our love of gardening, going out of our way to give so generously to people who but for this site were complete strangers. I am in awe of the friendships, comaraderies that we have formed, and humbled to be a part of this wonderful group of people.

THANK YOU LISA FOR LETTING ME EXPERIENCE MY CHILDHOOD AGAIN!

Pebble

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

*sniff* tears are swelling in my eyes and this lump in my throat! This is the greatest bunch of gardeners around-Im also very happy to be a part of this group.
good job lisa-you sweety!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

oh my gosh pebble, pass me the puffs plus...i had no idea...I am so glad to help you out, i wish all of them would have made the trip.....i am so happy to have helped you out....Thanks dave for letting us have such a great web site. Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

No-one could have put it better than you Pebble - that's my gal!!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Wow!! I can almost taste the loquats... and I haven't had a bite of one in maybe 40 years!! -darius

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images