Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Silk Tree, Mimosa Tree, Pink Siris (Albizia julibrissin)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 1, Views: 329
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Wingnut
Spicewood, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2002
6:16 PM

Post #38281

Silk Tree, Mimosa Tree, Pink Siris, Persian Silk Tree
Albizia julibrissin

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1764/

Thumbnail by Wingnut
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Wiltshire
United Kingdom

December 19, 2006
11:44 AM

Post #3010603

I picked pods like this from a tree in Spain and brought it back and managed to germinate it I now have 4 small trees that stand about 3 - 3.5 Feet. I am keeping them in my conservatory at the moment and will put them out again next spring. Can you tell me if they are evergreen? I'm not even sure that they are silk trees, but they do look very similar to what is in the picture and if they are will I be able to plant them outside in England UK.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2006 8:46 AM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America