Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Staked Bulbine (Bulbine frutescens)

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Common name: Staked Bulbine
Family: Liliaceae
Genus: Bulbine
Species frutescens

Thumbnail by Wingnut
Tokyo, Japan

What a nice color contrast - the green, the yellow, and the orange!
Bulbine is an African, right?
Does it produce seed for you?

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

I haven't noticed any seed and don't know enough about this plant to know if it will start from seed. Ya' want some, Lo? There's one piece on the side that has some roots already established (see that chunk hanging off the left in the pics?) and I'd be happy to clip it and send it to you!

You've already sent so much nice things to me and I'd love to share anything I have with you! So if you see anything you want in the pics I post, let me know and I'll send you a start.

Tokyo, Japan

Oh Wingnut, you're such a kind soul - (and a perceptive one too - how'd you'd guess I I was drooling over this pic?) but we'd never get that through customs. Mucho gracias all the same.

Actually, it's a great joy just to look at your photos of all the beautiful things (vegetable AND animal) that you and Kenny have got going on your spread - that contents me jus' fine!!

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

:) I have ESP. ;) Too bad we can't get it through customs (If I marked "Crafts" on the package, think they would buy it? ;). I'll look for seeds and do a little research then. If I find that we can start them from seeds, I'll let you know.

Tokyo, Japan

Thanks L., but after 9/11 and anthrax, EVERYTHING gets opened on its way here. The plant's beautiful, but not worth getting you on the watched list. Try a camelhair brush, and we'll pray for seeds, 'k?

BTW - ESP, huh? Ok - then you know what's in the mail, right? ;)

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.