Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Photo 2

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 10, Views: 136
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Studley
Rochester, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 1, 2002
10:57 PM

Post #38310

Here's another photo of the same plant showing a closer view. Now I guess I'll have to offer the seeds to anyone who can give me an answer in a years time if everyone is still stumped.

Thumbnail by Studley
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Studley
Rochester, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 3, 2002
12:43 AM

Post #318210

This is terrible. So many people have looked at theses threads and no one has a clue. Now I'll never know what this plant is. Seeds anyone?
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 3, 2002
7:40 AM

Post #318510

I made a post in the House Plants forum linking to your thread(s). Maybe someone there can help - not everyone visits the ID forum regularly, but maybe someone over on the other forum knows that it is and can help. :)
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2002
7:55 AM

Post #318525

Does it have square stems or any sort of scent? It sort of reminds me of lemon balm or mint. I'll have to see your other picture.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2002
7:56 AM

Post #318526

Hmmm, looked at the other pic. The flowers are all wrong for those suggestions. :(
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

August 5, 2002
4:57 AM

Post #319643

Studley ... i haven't given up searching. just wanted to give a helping hand. is this ur plant by any chance??? http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Lamiaceae/Lamium_galeobdolon.html , or this ... http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/plantlist/description/ae_raria.html
Studley
Rochester, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 5, 2002
11:10 PM

Post #320102

Ma Vie Rose,
I am surprised and ever grateful for your continued work. I thought this was a dying thread. No, neither of these is my plant. I know them both, Herman's Pride and Snow-on-the-mountain. Also, I seriously doubt it would be hardy below zone 7-ish. I don't know what other info I can give you about the plant. Pepper me with questions. The photo perhaps is misleading. I don't remember where it appeared from. I can try to root you a cutting or send you seed if you are still perplexed.
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

August 5, 2002
11:33 PM

Post #320116

it is ok Studley, i am persistend cause i am originally from the Philippines. this plant is common in that area. for the life of me, i do not remember the name even in the native tongue. eventually i will find it. one of my virtue is patience! so bear with me, in due time i will find it. i do a lot of surfing on the net. it is a fact though, that when we search for something so bad, it is so difficult to find, but when least expected, it is there at ur very eye. sooner of later, i hope to find the name of this mysterious plant. so bear with me, in due time it will surface :)... ma vie
BJT72
Perrysburg, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 7, 2002
7:42 PM

Post #321583

I think I've found it's called Dracaena Godseffiana aka Florida Beauty. I did a search for it but couldn't get a link for you, but I did find quite a few pictures and they look very similar to yours.
Let me know if thats it.
Becky
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

August 7, 2002
9:22 PM

Post #321669

Thanks for the heads up Becky :)!

Studley here's the url ... http://www.csthome.tzo.com/BriansGarden/questions/020112q.html , told u it will show up somehow... hehehehe... ma vie
Studley
Rochester, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2002
12:02 AM

Post #321825

The leaves are much smaller than dracaena gold dust. Also a dracaena would probably fry in the full sun where I have this plant. I wish I had something in the photo to show the scale of the leaves. Perhaps I can photograph it with a coin to give a better sense. The leaves are quite small, as is the entire plant (at this stage, may grow?). I however did learn where the plant came from and how it joined my collection. Let's just say it can be found in the Dominican Republic as a habitat.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 21 Oct 14, 2014 11:43 AM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America