Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Watermelon/Seeds!

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 4, Views: 185
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2002
7:42 PM

Post #38406

I got from my son's work that his friend gave him from home grown huge watermelon almost weight 40 lbs so sweet the shape is round twice as big basketball not know what the name is so the layer thin most watermelon so wondering can use this seeds to plant next year or before not know when start to plant the seeds and how long it need dry up if can use this seeds??? Please tell me about this seeds. Thanks!

Thumbnail by REDROSE
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 2, 2002
9:18 PM

Post #318053

Boy, I have no idea. If the melon's a hybrid, though, you might not end up with quite as good a melon from seed.
REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2002
9:32 PM

Post #318074

I hope someone will tell me about this soon, I could not wait. LOL if it is good to use seeds and I will send you some seeds. =)
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

August 3, 2002
12:28 AM

Post #318196

I don't know how much growing season you have left, but last summer I dumped some watermelon seeds in compost pile and they sprouted almost right away. My growing season isn't long enough for them to mature, but yours might be. I can't help you with figuring out what kind it was though. Maybe your son could ask his friend.
arptiger
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 3, 2002
1:16 AM

Post #318232

Rose the { Black Diamond} is a round melon and dark green with large black seeds really a good melon You can plant the seed after the last frost It takes a little longer to mature than some of the others but worth the waite

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 22 Nov 3, 2014 6:02 AM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America