Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Name of this daylily?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 3, Views: 65
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 4, 2002
1:48 PM

Post #38619

I bought this one from a lady who said it was a yellow..but when it bloomed this is what I got..very pretty surprise..the colour sort of leans towards burgundy orange. Digital camera doesn't always show true colour.
Thanks,
Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 5, 2002
12:30 PM

Post #319724

I've checked the Lily database and I think it is called Autumn Red

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2002
12:37 PM

Post #319727

Want to hear a funny/ironic coincidence? I had a newly-planted daylily send up yellow blooms this year. It sure looked like Stella d'oro to me. But I pulled out its plant tag, only to find it was marked 'Autumn Red' (I had received it in a trade :)

Sounds like our plants were "switched at birth" huh? I agree (from a very novice status) that it looks like Autumn Red. But then again, there are soooo many daylily cultivars it's really hard to know for sure.

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2002
12:12 PM

Post #320393

That is a strange co-incidence! The yellow daylily that this lady had growing in her garden was pure yellow and the petals glistened in the sun..it had rounded petals..not pointed..I should go back to her and ask if she has any more for sale. I found one close to it at the garden centre..Carolyn Criswell..so I at least have my yellow..and I am sure it will spread in time.I like this one though..(we'll call it Autumn Red)..and having the yellow centre will be a nice harmony with the Carolyn Criswell.
I have several Stella's..and they are very pretty..but lean more to a golden yellow.
Cheers, Carol

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America