Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Fireball' (Hibiscus moscheutos)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 4, Views: 285
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jody
MD &, VA
(Zone 7b)

August 14, 2002
4:18 PM

Post #39963

Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Fireball'
Hibiscus
Hybridized by Fleming/Zwetzig, 2003
Additional info: (PP13631)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/40908/

Thumbnail by jody
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pebble
Bodrum
Turkey
(Zone 10a)

August 14, 2002
4:23 PM

Post #326971

Jody, that is very nice...
wmc1
Sarnia
Canada

February 1, 2005
12:22 AM

Post #1268019

Is this not Kopper King? Just by looking at foliage.
MichelleVQuinn
Grand Rapids, MI
(Zone 5b)

August 13, 2006
3:42 PM

Post #2617807

How long must one wait to see Hibiscus blooms (Rose Mallow, Fireball) in West Michigan (Zone 5b)? Anyone else out there in Zone 5b with blooms in mid-August? Granted I just planted them (3 plants) about 2-3 months ago. One is certainly leaning out of the garden (looks as if he wants to come inside the front door by leeaannning to it)...will I need to stake it?

One of the 3 plants has NINE buds, the other 3 and the last one none. Here is a pic of the NINE-bud Fireball

Thumbnail by MichelleVQuinn
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BingsBell
SC, MT
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2006
9:52 PM

Post #2652680

Michelle, I am in 5a...and my two plants really took off this year...and are in their second week of blooming with many more weeks to come if there is no frost. This is the second year for them here in my gardens.

I planted them, used weed blocker and mulch on them the first year...forgot about them and thought they had died over the winter. They come up really late...and then they grow like a weed offering beauty in the waning weeks of my gardens.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America