Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Fireball' (Hibiscus moscheutos)

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Common name: Hardy Hibiscus, Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow 'Fireball'
Family: Malvaceae
Genus: Hibiscus
Species moscheutos

Thumbnail by jody
Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Jody, that is very nice....

Sarnia, Canada

Is this not Kopper King? Just by looking at foliage.

Grand Rapids, MI(Zone 5b)

How long must one wait to see Hibiscus blooms (Rose Mallow, Fireball) in West Michigan (Zone 5b)? Anyone else out there in Zone 5b with blooms in mid-August? Granted I just planted them (3 plants) about 2-3 months ago. One is certainly leaning out of the garden (looks as if he wants to come inside the front door by leeaannning to it)...will I need to stake it?

One of the 3 plants has NINE buds, the other 3 and the last one none. Here is a pic of the NINE-bud Fireball

Thumbnail by MichelleVQuinn
SC, MT(Zone 5a)

Michelle, I am in 5a...and my two plants really took off this year...and are in their second week of blooming with many more weeks to come if there is no frost. This is the second year for them here in my gardens.

I planted them, used weed blocker and mulch on them the first year...forgot about them and thought they had died over the winter. They come up really late...and then they grow like a weed offering beauty in the waning weeks of my gardens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.