Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hotmail help

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I use hotmail for my mail simply because it's easy and not succeptible to viruses. I've had a little problem lately though, I get attachments and when I click on them it asks me if I want to download, I click yes, then it asks me for my password, which I put in, then the attachment completely disappears. Not to be found anywhere. What's the deal? How do I fix it. It used to not do this till recently.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

It doesn't ask you where to download it before it disappears, does it?

no it doesn't and I knew there was something funny going on but couldn't put my finger, er mouse on it.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Cala I had this happen with a couple of picture files that were sent to my hotmail addy. I found the pictures right on my desktop amongst all the other clutter. When I clicked on them they opened right up from there.

I've found them there before, they aren't here now. I even did a search for the name of the file they were sent as. (did that make sense, I'm computer illiterate)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Have you installed any kind of download accelerator software such as Gozilla or Download Accelerator Plus? I know the latter has a setting where it will just download a file to its default directory with no dialogue box beforehand. But if you searched your hard drive for the file and it wasn't there, that doesn't make sense, either. Did you try searching with wildcards (like cat*.jpg would bring up any files starting with cat and ending with .jpg)? You can also search for files by date in a pinch.

I did both searches, nothing!! I haven't downloaded any new stuff, don't have gozilla or the other one. I'm wondering if it's because I don't have Corel House any longer?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I doubt if it's due to Corel Photo House; I would think that would be independent of Hotmail, Susie. Does Hotmail's help files have anything about attachments? Are you using any kind of firewall or AV product you've changed recently? Try setting up a new Hotmail acct and see if it happens with the new address, too; it could be something in how you have the preferences set in Hotmail, right?

I have a new firewall. I've checked preferences, I'll try a new account. There was no help in the helpfiles.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Try sending yourself some attachments from your ISP addy as well as from Hotmail to Hotmail. Try various files...Word, JPG, etc. Any difference on downloading them then then?

Can't open any of the attachments. I've solved the problem sort of, I send them to my regular mail and open them there.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Have you written to support at Hotmail about it? Any replies?

I wrote a while back,no help so far.

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Hi I have the same problem since today I cannot download my attachments. I forward them to my yahoo account where I can open them.

Is microsoft changing the hotmail envrionment?

There is a program for virus scanning in the left upper corner. Hotmail seems to want you go there and download the free program....

It has 9.4 megabytes...

I wonder if it has to do with this program, I will install it and see what happens...

Martin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.