Rose Fountain Grass, Purple Fountain Grass (Pennisetum setaceum)

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

'Rubrum'

Common name: Rose Fountain Grass, Purple Fountain Grass
Family: Poaceae
Genus: Pennisetum
Species setaceum

Thumbnail by mystic
Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Wonderful pic of your Purple Fountain Grass. I've been admiring these plants for some time now & planted my first just this spring. I have it in the centre of a very prominent front garden & I hope it does really well. So far it hasn't grown a speck since I put it in the ground about 3 weeks ago, but I'm hopeful. It's not dead & that's a good thing! Can't wait to centre my fall display around it with fall mums, pumpkins & scarecrows!!!! Happy gardening!!
Sunshine Sue

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

SunshineSue thank you .I loved it last year and I have it growing again this year. It does seem to be a little slow to take off. It will be beautiful in your fall display be sure and take some pictures.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Mystic....Thanks so much for your response. Should have read that before I posted my question!!! I know that a good gardener is a patient gardener, so I'll keep that in mind (or try to!!). Thanks again! Happy gardening!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I see that Sunshine Sue is from Mississauga i'm in Ottawa what sort of protection do you give the fountain grass in winter?

This message was edited Tuesday, Aug 5th 9:08 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images