Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: What do Wisteria seeds look like?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 4, Views: 187
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Mary

May 8, 2001
11:33 PM

Post #4643

Can someone plese tell me what the seeds of Wisteria look like? I got some seeds in a trade labelled Pink Wisteria, but I don't know if they're Wisteria sinensis, Wisteria floribunda, or some other type of plant altogether. The seeds I got are large and flat, a bit like Bauhinia.
mark
Antrim, Northern Ire
United Kingdom
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2001
8:14 AM

Post #74288

Mary

Wisteria belongs to the Leguminosae family so I would guess that the seeds look like lupins, vetches or peas etc. well, similar but different.

Mark
Mary

May 13, 2001
10:34 AM

Post #74300

Thank you, Mark. Similar but different's a real help!
Dicentra
Philadelphia, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2001
11:32 PM

Post #74414

Hi Mary,
I received wisteria seeds in trade last year marked "Wisteria floribunda". The trader was an avid gardener so I assume they were marked correctly. I did winter sow 10 of the seeds, all with success. The vines growing now certainly look like wisteria. The seeds are: flattish and roundish, the size of a dime in diameter with thickness about 2 dimes stacked upon each other, brown in color with shades of black.
Trish
Mary

May 14, 2001
6:03 PM

Post #74555

Thanks, Trish. That sounds like my seeds. I won't sow them indoors in a propagator, then.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America