-
AuthorContent
Lorie
Muncy, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 9, 2001
3:38 PM

Post #4678

Anybody know if spiked rush is hardy to zone 6? Is it one of the last to green up in the spring? I don't see anything yet and I am getting worried. :) Thanks.
ruby42
Cape May Court House, NJ
(Zone 7a)

May 9, 2001
5:00 PM

Post #73585

Lori, I am in southern new jersey, my spiked rush has not come up yet either. My zebra rush is growing like crazy, but no sign of spike rush yet. My pond did freeze over completly, so maybe that is why. sue
Lorie
Muncy, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 9, 2001
5:17 PM

Post #73590

My pond didn't freeze completely due to a de-icer but the pot fell into the water deeper until I rescued it this spring. Maybe that has something to do with it. Puzzling...
JJsgarden
Northern Piedmont, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2001
5:20 PM

Post #73591

Lori, here's a link for you. Seems it's a very hardy plant.
Jean

http://www.theplantplace.com/plntsrch.htm

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 9, 2001
5:27 PM

Post #73596

Jean that is a GREAT site - wonderful prices on plants!

I have a Pickerel Rush (I know it's not the same...) and I thought I had lost it from a bad cold snap we got in December. But it's finally putting on some new growth, and I'm hoping I'll get to see the flowers are this year - we apparently moved in too late last summer to catch it in bloom. (I hope it's blue. I hope it's blue, I hope it's blue. Do ya'll think that'll make it blue???? Sure hope so.)
JJsgarden
Northern Piedmont, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2001
5:54 PM

Post #73599

You are welcome, go_vols. It's about the best site for pond info I have found. I've not ordered from them, but agree, the prices are very reasonable.

Hope you have blue, hope you have blue, hope you have blue. Maybe that will help!

Jean

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 345 Apr 13, 2014 11:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America