Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Water Gardens: Hot tub conversion

Communities > Forums > Water Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Water GardensReplies: 3, Views: 589
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
barrykooda
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 11, 2001
2:52 PM

Post #4749

I'm trying to use an old inverted hot tub as a base to make a combination fountain/waterfall/coy pond/dog house tiered hill sort of thing by covering it with native rocks and plants. The neighbors think I'm nuts , as usual...
Has anyone tried something similar and have any suggestions?
I'd much rather learn from the mistakes of others.
Thanks!
Barry
AJC

May 12, 2001
12:42 PM

Post #74147

Hi barry, go for it, just make sur that there is absolutly no trace of soup left in the tub, it will show on the water, and it will be troble some to get out, also make sure that any copper on the tub doesnt come into contact with the water going into the pond, it can cause a gill problem for Koi, but it does take a while, the rest though is up to you, how you want it to look, so have fun, good luck.
barrykooda
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 12, 2001
3:08 PM

Post #74165

Thanks,AJC!
Since I'm using the hot tub upside down as a tiered hill/waterfall with a fountain at the top , No water will come in contact with the hot tub interior but you have a good pointabout water contamination. The stuff on the outside may be nastier(chemically) then the inside.Maybe I should cover the whole thing with pond liner .
AJC

May 12, 2001
10:23 PM

Post #74233

Hi Barry, it wouldnt hurt.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America