Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cameras and Photography: Welcome to the Camera Talk forum!

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 9, Views: 128
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dave

September 2, 2002
3:29 PM

Post #42676

Here we can talk about all aspects of photography. I think that digital and convention photography could both apply here.

dave
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 2, 2002
4:02 PM

Post #344487

Every time I blink, there is something new! :)
psilo
Bolton, Greater Manc
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

September 2, 2002
4:06 PM

Post #344489

This is a brilliant idea dave. I used to have a slr but now I wouldnt give my digital camera up for anything
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

September 2, 2002
4:29 PM

Post #344499

Thank you so much Dave (and to oblambert for asking)I thought about asking for something like this also--last month when I was pondering buying a dig. camera.

This message was edited Monday, Sep 2nd 3:25 PM
Wingnut
Spicewood, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 2, 2002
4:53 PM

Post #344509

Awesome! I've been trying to figure out how to take a picture of my purple morning glories and not have them show up burnt maroon! This is perfect! Thanks, Dave!
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

September 2, 2002
5:44 PM

Post #344536

Great idea. Thanks to Owen and Dave. I have lots of questions... hope someone has answers!
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 2, 2002
7:12 PM

Post #344587

Thanks Dave, this is great, I have only been a subscriber for a short time and, WOW!, I have already learned much with the help of so many good folks in here. I am liable to make a pest of myself here cause I have so much to learn.
Oscarsdotter
Mason, MI

September 2, 2002
7:40 PM

Post #344627

Wow, is this ever neat!
Now I can make an "informed decision"
when I go out to buy a digital camera...
I can learn from all of you folks! :-)
Thanks so much for another super forum, Dave!
OD :-)

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 2, 2002
8:58 PM

Post #344723

I've owned a SLR since I was 16..(too many years ago to count!)
and am trying _very_hard to learn to like my digital. Somehow,I just like the film better..but then again,half of knowing how to get the best out of a digital is knowing your computer..and I'm sadly lacking there.

Thanks Dave for this forum...I will certianly hang out here.
psilo
Bolton, Greater Manc
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

September 2, 2002
9:15 PM

Post #344741

I initially bought a minolta x125 in order to photograph and catalogue my hardy geranium collection. However, despite using a macro lens I was always disappointed with the quality of blues. Some films are more biased I know but you are always at the mercy of the processor. Much film was also wasted trying to capture that perfect likeness. Now I have a digital camera the colours are spot on for the blues, though I struggle sometimes with the magentas and reds. I use digital focus for close up work and have a plentiful supply of rechargable batteries. I would never go back to conventional photography.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America