Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cameras and Photography: Welcome to the Camera Talk forum!

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 9, Views: 128
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dave

September 2, 2002
3:29 PM

Post #42676

Here we can talk about all aspects of photography. I think that digital and convention photography could both apply here.

dave
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 2, 2002
4:02 PM

Post #344487

Every time I blink, there is something new! :)
psilo
Bolton, Greater Manc
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

September 2, 2002
4:06 PM

Post #344489

This is a brilliant idea dave. I used to have a slr but now I wouldnt give my digital camera up for anything
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

September 2, 2002
4:29 PM

Post #344499

Thank you so much Dave (and to oblambert for asking)I thought about asking for something like this also--last month when I was pondering buying a dig. camera.

This message was edited Monday, Sep 2nd 3:25 PM
Wingnut
Spicewood, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 2, 2002
4:53 PM

Post #344509

Awesome! I've been trying to figure out how to take a picture of my purple morning glories and not have them show up burnt maroon! This is perfect! Thanks, Dave!
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

September 2, 2002
5:44 PM

Post #344536

Great idea. Thanks to Owen and Dave. I have lots of questions... hope someone has answers!
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 2, 2002
7:12 PM

Post #344587

Thanks Dave, this is great, I have only been a subscriber for a short time and, WOW!, I have already learned much with the help of so many good folks in here. I am liable to make a pest of myself here cause I have so much to learn.
Oscarsdotter
Mason, MI

September 2, 2002
7:40 PM

Post #344627

Wow, is this ever neat!
Now I can make an "informed decision"
when I go out to buy a digital camera...
I can learn from all of you folks! :-)
Thanks so much for another super forum, Dave!
OD :-)

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 2, 2002
8:58 PM

Post #344723

I've owned a SLR since I was 16..(too many years ago to count!)
and am trying _very_hard to learn to like my digital. Somehow,I just like the film better..but then again,half of knowing how to get the best out of a digital is knowing your computer..and I'm sadly lacking there.

Thanks Dave for this forum...I will certianly hang out here.
psilo
Bolton, Greater Manc
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

September 2, 2002
9:15 PM

Post #344741

I initially bought a minolta x125 in order to photograph and catalogue my hardy geranium collection. However, despite using a macro lens I was always disappointed with the quality of blues. Some films are more biased I know but you are always at the mercy of the processor. Much film was also wasted trying to capture that perfect likeness. Now I have a digital camera the colours are spot on for the blues, though I struggle sometimes with the magentas and reds. I use digital focus for close up work and have a plentiful supply of rechargable batteries. I would never go back to conventional photography.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America