Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Welcome to the Camera Talk forum!

Here we can talk about all aspects of photography. I think that digital and convention photography could both apply here.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Every time I blink, there is something new! :)

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

This is a brilliant idea dave. I used to have a slr but now I wouldnt give my digital camera up for anything

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much Dave (and to oblambert for asking)I thought about asking for something like this also--last month when I was pondering buying a dig. camera.

This message was edited Monday, Sep 2nd 3:25 PM

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Awesome! I've been trying to figure out how to take a picture of my purple morning glories and not have them show up burnt maroon! This is perfect! Thanks, Dave!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Great idea. Thanks to Owen and Dave. I have lots of questions... hope someone has answers!

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dave, this is great, I have only been a subscriber for a short time and, WOW!, I have already learned much with the help of so many good folks in here. I am liable to make a pest of myself here cause I have so much to learn.

Mason, MI

Wow, is this ever neat!
Now I can make an "informed decision"
when I go out to buy a digital camera...
I can learn from all of you folks! :-)
Thanks so much for another super forum, Dave!
OD :-)

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've owned a SLR since I was 16..(too many years ago to count!)
and am trying _very_hard to learn to like my digital. Somehow,I just like the film better..but then again,half of knowing how to get the best out of a digital is knowing your computer..and I'm sadly lacking there.

Thanks Dave for this forum....I will certianly hang out here.

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I initially bought a minolta x125 in order to photograph and catalogue my hardy geranium collection. However, despite using a macro lens I was always disappointed with the quality of blues. Some films are more biased I know but you are always at the mercy of the processor. Much film was also wasted trying to capture that perfect likeness. Now I have a digital camera the colours are spot on for the blues, though I struggle sometimes with the magentas and reds. I use digital focus for close up work and have a plentiful supply of rechargable batteries. I would never go back to conventional photography.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.