Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

PlantFiles Pictures: Morning Glory 'Grandpa Ott's' (Ipomoea purpurea)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 4, Views: 230
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2002
1:53 AM

Post #43315

Tall Morning Glory 'Grandpa Ott's'
Ipomoea purpurea

Every year they always amaze me. Can hardly wait to get up wach morning to see who has bloomed. Love them!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/51597/

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lenjo
Mount Angel, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2002
1:59 PM

Post #349447

I have this one volunteering in one spot pretty heavily. They are pretty. Your picture with the light the way it is is quite nice. I know your sentiments about the excitement of just getting up and seeing what's blooming and how many. One year I had Heavenly Blue up the fire escape ladder of our daughter's room, it went clear up to the window (2 stories)and in the morning I'd come out and count blossoms. Felt like a little kid in a candy store.
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2002
6:44 PM

Post #349579

I;ll bet that looked so kewl!!!!Heavenly Blues are muy #1 favorite. I can;t tell you how many I planted this year and they either died. or didn;t bloom. I have had maybe 5 blooms of them so far. thats it. Don;t understand it.
Lenjo
Mount Angel, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2002
11:01 PM

Post #349757

That is odd since you have posted so many other beauties.
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2002
11:19 PM

Post #349776

:) thats sweet. I can;t understand why they didn;t do well this year. Last year they werr A+...I didn;t even have any reseed. Odd

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America