Where do you 'Winter' your Tropical Plants?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hey mz kht, i am just a little on the lucky side here...don't have to worry about that!!!

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hey hey miz m...i was going to write "HAHAHAHAHA" after my postings....but i do remember Dori and her tar....so i just very nicely said what i said....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Zone 9a)

In the garage??!

Lisa, you and I are in the same 'zone' but I'm afraid to leave my 'really' tropicals outside. I've been lugging my plumeria, bird of paradise and succulents in every winter. WELL....there is a house here in town that has a bed FULL of bird of paradise (blooming, mind you....mine never have!) in their front yard. Needless to say, I've put mine in the ground. If they freeze and die, I think I'll have to go tell them it's ALL THEIR FAULT! LOL

Still going to baby that plumeria....it's the only one I've got.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

keeping the burner on low here!!!! ;-]

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

i was wondering how long it would take for you to show up....yikes!!!

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

You guys don't know how lucky you are.I have to pull all my tropicals in the house in late august to spend the winter in front of one of my sliding glass doors in the living room or under the skylights up stairs.Most of them do O.K. but by may they look pretty raggetty.I figure the more tropicals I have ,the more crowded the livingroom will be ,and eventually my husband will get sick of all the plants and build me a greenhouse.At least thats my plan. Karyn

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

mm
no more ppl in florida...with the drought we are out of water! with all the new subdivisions i dont know where we will get the water for all these people coming to florida.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

oh yah, i moved a few plants in the garage, and any in the ground i took chances with them. lost a passiflora serrata digatta, all my desert roses, and a few bonsai trees.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i dug up all my cannas and stored them in my cellar over winter-they dont look good!!! they were molding so i spread them out on a table to get air-now they look all dried and withered!!! where should I winter them??
im in colda** michigan zone 6 only because im by the bay!
thanks
dori

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

The house is full o plants all the time!! Those that don't overwinter well as houseplants such as Brugs and bulbs go into a 'room' in the basement...rather cool...under fl. lights and near an east window. Aargghh!! Always wish, come about late November, that I didn't have to worry about it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.