Photo by Melody

International Trading: seeds for trade list up and running,or so I hope !

Communities > Forums > International Trading
bookmark
Forum: International TradingReplies: 8, Views: 328
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sueone
Weymouth, Dorset
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2002
4:18 PM

Post #43840

Hi, I'm starting to gather in and sort my seeds for trade,and with the help from roshana in another forum ,hopefully this is the link to my trade lists.http://davesgarden.com/edittl/
Gosh, looks like it's worked,yipee,any one interested out there, contact me.
I'd be glad if someone would let me know if I've done it right, as when I click on it I get the lists that I'd see,but not the lists that others see, if you know what I mean!

This message was edited Tuesday, Sep 10th 12:21 PM
Baa

September 10, 2002
4:32 PM

Post #352807

Sue

Your link sends us to our own trading page. You can try and link yours from your personal page.
arsenic

(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2002
4:41 PM

Post #352818

Here's sueone's tradelist:) http://davesgarden.com/tl/sueone
sueone
Weymouth, Dorset
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2002
6:19 PM

Post #352941

thanks arsenic, how did you do that?
arsenic

(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2002
6:34 PM

Post #352955

It's easy; the url to the tradelists are davesgarden.com/tl/membername; so the url to your list had to be davesgarden.com/tl/sueone :)

(h t t p : / / is not added since the server would put it in a hyperlink)
John_Yeoman
Ivinghoe Beds
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

September 10, 2002
6:39 PM

Post #352962

Oh gosh, forget the pyrotechnics.

Just tell me what rare heirloom veggie seeds you have to trade and, perchance, I'll be your slave for life.

(I have my wife's permission to say that.)

John
sueone
Weymouth, Dorset
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2002
5:07 PM

Post #354049

Hi John,as much as I'd love a slave for life,(hubby won't co-operate ! )all my heirloom toms were struck down with blight, and I've had to rip them all up :-( That's what comes of going away on hol and leaving garden to someone elses care!I was so looking foreward too to trying out these different toms. Sorry, you'll just have to be your wifes slave instead :-)
John_Yeoman
Ivinghoe Beds
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

September 11, 2002
6:58 PM

Post #354128

Oh, sueone, I have just felt the same pain.

Can you imagine the labour of lovingly setting out some 230 heirloom tomatoes - then seeing them _all_ go down with blight? 'Twas my fate, this month.

You are not alone.

Thankfully, I got most of the fruits indoors when green, to ripen, before the blight got into them.

Solution: next year, sow very early tomatoes, so they ripen by end-July. So you can say, 'blight be-[profanity removed]ed'.

That's my strategy, from now on.

sueone
Weymouth, Dorset
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2002
7:30 AM

Post #354778

John, at least I only lost about 20 plants, nowhere near as many as you, the ones in my greenhouse are doing fine ( touch wood) but they are just common old garden varieties. What makes it worse though is some kind soul sent me a selection of her toms, and sent a couple of each as she was splitting what she had, that was so generous, I just hope hers did o.k.The odd thing is though, the ones in my greenhouse are only just beginning to ripen, well over a month later than they should, the plants are extremely large and healthy, still at least that means that I'll still be picking toms when they start to get expensive in the shops!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other International Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CLOSED: Who can I trade seeds with? singleyellowros 23 Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM
CLOSED: Looking for Japanese Morning glory seeds and Japanese iris gloriag 2 Jun 7, 2008 6:05 PM
Palm seeds for trade gcolbert28303 5 May 5, 2008 12:57 AM
Salvia Seeds for Salvia Seeds:) annette68 6 Oct 30, 2007 4:01 AM
Ipomoea batatas B1ZZYL1ZZY 19 May 18, 2007 9:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America