Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cameras and Photography: USB active extension cables

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 2, Views: 130
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
oblambert

(Zone 6a)

September 10, 2002
7:09 PM

Post #43873

Has anyone tried the USB active extension cables to make their pc camera cable a lot longer in order to take pictures in other rooms, and possibly out of doors, using their pc camera??

I would like to order about 3 of the 16 ft. ones to hook together to give me about 48 more feet of cable on my pc camera, but only if the pic quality is not going to be hurt by the extra cable length.

Owen
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 10, 2002
7:31 PM

Post #353010

You know, I haven't. I have daisy-chained USB devices through hubs and such, but never used an extended one like you're talking about, no. Couldn't you just set the timer to go off like you say, only have it save the pictures to the camera's card? Or are you speaking of a webcam?
oblambert

(Zone 6a)

September 10, 2002
10:15 PM

Post #353220

Intel pc camera. cable is not long enough to reach anywhere

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America