Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Monkshood, Wolfbane (Aconitum napellus)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 8, Views: 502
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2002
1:01 AM

Post #389614

Aconite, Monkshood, Monk's Coule, Helmet Flower, Cat's Tail
Aconitum napellus

makes a lovely cut flower!! Stays for almost a week. :)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/13/

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

October 21, 2002
1:03 AM

Post #389615

Way to go, Mimi! See how good that looks!
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2002
1:22 AM

Post #389634

:) Its all your fault! lolol They really are a pretty cut flower. I know everyone at work sure enjoyed them and no one had ever heard of them before. I try to always have fresh things from my garden on my station so. It was educational. Could of sold many plants that week!
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2002
1:25 AM

Post #389638

PS! Forgot to ask how that moon is doing for you tonite? Sure was pretty here
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

October 21, 2002
1:36 AM

Post #389649

No moon yet, Mimi. It's only 5:30 pm in Alaska! I'd love to see a nice moon, but it's been raining all day, so it will probably be too overcast to see much of anything! When it starts getting cold, we'll start seeing the northern light. That's a real show!

I think sharing flowers from your garden is one of the nicest gifts you can give friends and co-workers. It renews your faith in the world around you, doesn't it, that something that beautiful can grow with a little (or a lot!) of loving care. I don't share cut flowers, but I share lots of plants with people. It's so gratifying to see them growing in people's yards!
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2002
1:49 AM

Post #389668

What always amazes me is the number of people I just know from in the salon that tell me "I know, I drove by your house". or " I was in your gardens. you told me to so I did!" I must of had quite the parade of people this year going in and out . I sure had enough tell me they were there. my babydog Ming never said a word! lol
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2002
1:52 AM

Post #389674

The closest thing I get to the Northern lights is my mercury vapor light turning on. you are so lucky to see those. I was lookin at a website not too long ago that had a ton of photos of it. unreal what mother nature does. Well, maybe if not tonite. tomorrows moon will be clear for you to see. I know its its a good one tomorrow nite at work. I'll be draggin people out of my chair and into the parking lot to look at it before they get a haircut. They know I'm nuts. They humor me.
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

October 21, 2002
2:07 AM

Post #389692

Sounds like folks at your salon get more than a haircut for their money, Mimi!
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2002
11:58 AM

Post #389953

yeah, its always something...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America