Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Toad Lily (Tricyrtis hirta)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 5, Views: 424
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2002
6:56 PM

Post #390231

Hairy Toad Lily
Tricyrtis hirta

A much better upclose picture.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/537/

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

October 21, 2002
7:53 PM

Post #390262

These are such incredible plants, aren't they? Thanks for sharing your photos.
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2002
8:48 PM

Post #390311

I just love this little plant. This is new to me this year and I have been waiting and watching for it to bloom! This was one of my wants this past spring and Calalily sent them to me! I am soo happy!!
Glad you like it!
celia
Cleveland, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 21, 2002
9:43 PM

Post #390355

This was new to me too, so when I saw it had bloomed, I posted it on the Identification Forum. Mollbee, how do you know it is a T.Hirta? Baa and others also thought it might be a formosana. Just wondering if you had verification cause mine looks just like yours. Pretty!
Thanx
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2002
1:49 AM

Post #390581

http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/codem/M640.shtml

Just kinda compared the 2 and also looking thru the other pics here in the database. I drew my own conculsions...but I have an e/mail sent to Calalily and I'm sure she can tell us the exact name for sure b/c she is the one who sent it to me. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2002
2:27 AM

Post #390637

http://davesgarden.com/t/364990/

This is what Calalily had to say about the ID of it.

Hope this helps you too.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America