AuthorContent
Morph
Dayton, OH
(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2002
6:07 PM

Post #391215

Hi All,

After Windsurffers's recent rescue and care of several very young kittens, I thought it might be helpful to maintain a reference list of no kill shelters around the country. Whiterose provided a link that identifies no kill shelters by state. Thanks so much :)

I don't know how often that link is updated. After Wind had posted her link about the kittens, I contacted an Ohio State Vet student who so graciously returned my inquiry via email! I just found her name and email on a paper she had jointly published (found on the web) and she was so kind to answer my question about no kill shelters in Columbus.

Anyway, the place she recommended was not identified on the link Whiterose had. So, to make a long story short, I thought it would be nice to keep a list here in the Pet Forum of known shelters around the country that are no kill shelters.

If you are aware of one in your area and it is NOT on the link of no kill shelters, PLEASE add it to our list. This can be so helpful when we unexpectedly find ourselves in a rescue situation.

Here's the no kill link provided by Whiterose -- http://www.saveourstrays.com/no-kill.htm

Here's the contact information for another no kill shelter in Columbus, OH.

Pets Without Parents Columbus
1967 W Henderson Rd
Columbus, OH
614-459-7297

This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Classic Threads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Question about seed starting Lorie 31 May 18, 2012 1:09 PM
Garden Talk: Your Garden Mistakes Dicentra 235 Aug 11, 2013 3:48 PM
Pests: Best animal repellents smokythecat 74 Jun 17, 2014 7:21 AM
Tomatoes: Need acidic tomato... Horseshoe 48 Jun 3, 2014 7:40 AM
Tomatoes: Tomato Blight! jupiter 16 Jun 27, 2012 7:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America