Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

PlantFiles Pictures: Tropical Hibiscus 'Snow Queen' (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 6, Views: 373
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
flowerjunkie
Hot Springs, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 13, 2002
5:16 AM

Post #408477

Variegated Tropical Hibiscus 'Snow Queen'
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

Leaves are variegated, almost white, blooms are solid red.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/47435/

Thumbnail by flowerjunkie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

DivaElPaso
El Paso, TX

April 8, 2003
7:53 PM

Post #506836

I just bought a Hibiscus that looks similar. The plant tag was uniformative. I've been searching the web, and I think it is Hibiscus 'Cooperii' Is that the same thing? I read "somewhere" that "pinching" increases flower production. I thought that would produce "bushiness".
What has worked for you?
pdkrones
Monroe, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 11, 2006
7:40 PM

Post #2611767

The photo just came up, 3 years after Diva's post. A quick search suggested both that you are right in calling this 'cooperii' and tht there is a form that has mnulti-colored variegation.

How is the plant doing for you?

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/42378/

Peter
flowerjunkie
Hot Springs, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 17, 2006
4:33 PM

Post #2631812

Hi!

I have both Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Snow Queen' and Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Cooperii'. Both do well here in full sun. I like 'Cooperii' the best because it has RED & PINK in the leaves whith maroon stems, reminds me of Christmas. 'Snow Queen' only had WHITE and GREEN variegation on the leaves. The flowers on both are the same size and color; red single blooms.

Check out the link below for more information on both and go down to the section that reads "Garden-Variety Cultivars Frequently Sold By U.S.A. Mass Merchants".

http://home.att.net/~SHA-IV/index.htm#Top:%20Varieties%20and%20Cultivars%20of%20Hibiscus%20rosa-sinensis:
pdkrones
Monroe, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 17, 2006
7:34 PM

Post #2632397

Hi, flowerjunkie -

Thanks for staying with this thread.

I tried the hyperlink, but it gave me an address line that reads "about blank"! Could you try to copy it in once more?

Peter
flowerjunkie
Hot Springs, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 21, 2006
5:28 PM

Post #2644566

Hi Peter,

Well that is strange. When I went to edit my post to correct the link it shows up as correct. But for some reason it doesn't show up correctly on finished post. I'll send you an email with the link. Maybe then you can access it. Let's hope.

Daisy

aprilwillis
Missouri City, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 21, 2006
5:30 PM

Post #2644572

I love that hibiscus!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America