Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Butterfly Pea, Blue Pea Vine (Clitoria ternatea)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 4, Views: 578
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

November 15, 2002
12:46 PM

Post #410136

Butterfly Pea, Blue Pea Vine
Clitoria ternatea

Seedlings 5th April 2002

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/528/

Thumbnail by Evert
Click the image for an enlarged view.

fairyhunter
Brooksville, ME
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2003
2:24 PM

Post #446851

Evert do you find that these plants seem to die when they get several inches high for no reason. I have one plant that I planted in October which is doing great and will soon bloom. All other attempts have failed and I am not even going to try again because it's a terrible waste of seed that is hard to come by until I can figure out why one plant is thriving and all others have died.
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

January 11, 2003
4:54 PM

Post #446939

I've only grown these once and spider mites killed them. Trying again this year..
fairyhunter
Brooksville, ME
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2003
12:40 PM

Post #448106

I had a few plants die when the aphids snuck into the greenhouse at work on some hanging baskets that one of the girls wanted to winter over. I found some lady bugs and they got rid of the pesky things.
elejue

September 27, 2013
8:42 PM

Post #9672059

Will the Blue Butterfly Pea grow in northern California in Castro Valley? When would be the best time to plant them?

Do you know any where they are sold in the East Bay across from San Francisdo?

Thanks,
elejue

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America