Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Japanese Maples: My Japanese maple

Communities > Forums > Japanese Maples
bookmark
Forum: Japanese MaplesReplies: 6, Views: 642
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ginger_H
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8a)

December 7, 2002
6:43 PM

Post #424677

I really miss a yankee fall,but this tree always warms my heart. It's leaves are more red than Shirley's...different variety? Have not a clue as it was here when we bought this place.

Thumbnail by Ginger_H
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JoanMN
Pine City, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 7, 2002
8:04 PM

Post #424733

Beautiful...looks like fall to me!
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

December 7, 2002
9:23 PM

Post #424766

Gosh, you're late ;)
Shirley1md
Ellicott City, MD
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2002
11:21 PM

Post #424849

Ginger,

Your maple tree is beau-ti-ful! Love that rich red Autumn color!!! The Japanese Maple that I entered in this forum is only about 5 years old. They get more magnificent & regal with time.

Are you sure yours is a Japanese Maple? There are lots of different varieties of Maples (Acer). Perhaps a Nursery in your area may be able to identify the species of Maple by some of its leaves and/or bark.

If you missed the "Yankee" fall foliage, you'll have to wait until next year to see their spectacular display. They are "chillin' out" and snow covered at the moment :~)

Shirley

This message was edited Saturday, Dec 7th 7:24 PM
Ginger_H
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8a)

December 8, 2002
3:03 PM

Post #425263

Shirley...the woman we bought the property from said it was a Jajanese maple,so that's what I'm going by. Good idea about a local nursery.
Lynda_45
Jacksonville, NC
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2008
4:03 AM

Post #5351885

Anyone know about a "Dwarf Japanese Maple?" I bought one today,because I needed a smaller tree for the front of my house. I know nothing about them. Someone said not to plant it untill the weather is cooler. Do you sgree? Any info on this would help me.
Lynda_45
Jacksonville, NC
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2008
11:19 PM

Post #5548195

Also, does anyone know about how many ft. per year they grow? I want to still be alive when mine gets really pretty.LOL
Thanks-Lynda

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Japanese Maples Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Threadleaf Japanese Maple hczone6 6 Mar 1, 2010 1:36 AM
MY jm's that survived and thrived last winter zone 5b Davidsan 38 Feb 26, 2010 12:05 AM
Largosmom's Japanese Maples largosmom 62 Nov 22, 2007 8:55 PM
Can you tell me what kind this is? nikki_conway 23 Apr 17, 2008 1:38 AM
any idea what this is ? Strever 28 May 25, 2008 6:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America