-
AuthorContent
Ponditis
Payette, ID
(Zone 7a)

March 31, 2003
4:13 AM

Post #500956

While browsing in the Boise Flower and Garden Show this weekend I happened upon the booth of a garden tool that I already had two of each size called the Winged Weeder (two of each size because I was tired of my DH taking my tool to use for his own uses). While looking past that booth to the next my eyes were drawn back to another tool put out by the same company. It is called the Precision weeder and it is not much more than a inch wide tool with a chunk taken out of the center of it. It is to be used for weeding in lawns or gardens and with it you can get right beside a plant to remove a weed without disturbing the plant itself. I bought one and brought it home and showed it to my DH who promptly took it out and removed bullthistle from about an acre of ground in aproximately a half hour! Today I used it to removed dandelions from the lawn and I am now convinced that we also need another one of these so that I can use it from time to time. My DH was really wanting to use it again for bullthistle removal from the pasture since he finds it nicer to use than a shovel. It is a great tool for disabled or able bodied people.
Try http://www.wingedweeder.com/

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Accessible Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
abled fighters dpmichael 13 Sep 28, 2009 1:31 AM
Gardening with a bad knee Bug_Girl 13 Aug 28, 2009 4:26 PM
"Enabled" vs. "Disabled" Gardeners Shirley1md 40 Apr 8, 2007 6:29 PM
a gardening poem debi_z 43 Jun 17, 2013 4:59 AM
pneumatic seat for gardening debi_z 31 Jun 30, 2009 2:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America