Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Container Gardening: A Beginning

Communities > Forums > Container Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Container GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 435
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 15, 2003
3:20 AM

Post #511239

I couldn't stand it any longer so I quit unpacking today and went to the nursery. I picked up 3 flats of white allysum and 2 of mixes shades of purple and lavender to line the edges of the borders and fill in between the containers. Rocy soil but it seems rich so it ought to take off and fill in very quickley. And in a protected area like my little garden it acts as a perrenial here so it should look good year round.

I also picked up a pink pelegonium, creeping phlox-red wings, crystal palace lobelia and trailing lobelia, dragons blood sedum and a pink daisy that did not have a name on it and a small trellis for my miniture climbing rose (carousel)
Oh, and two dianthus in light pink and dark pink.

I got it all home and realized that I forgot to pick up potting soil and compost for the planters. Guess that means I will have to force myself to suffer through going back tommorrow ;~)

I really wanted a dwarf Japanese Maple but they wanted almost 60 dollars for a very small one in a 1 gallon pot and I just can't afford it so I will have to hope they have a sale on them at the end of the season.

Wow!! was it great to be planting and growing and getting dirt under my nails again.
flowox
Newark, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2003
3:27 AM

Post #511246

Sounds like you got some really nice stuff :o)

Happy planting!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 4, 2003
6:00 AM

Post #524637

Well, I got my Japanese maples! They had them at Costco and Bob bought me 2 :~) That man spoils me...and I like it!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 423 May 5, 2013 3:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America