Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Oriental Lily 'Star Gazer'

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 8, Views: 647
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2003
12:01 PM

Post #516983

Oriental Lily 'Star Gazer'
Lilium
Hybridized by L. Woodriff, 1978
Additional info: (aka Stargazer)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1427/

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rutholive
Tonasket, WA
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2003
12:12 PM

Post #516990

mollybee, that photo of Stargazer must be from a previous season, right. Nice shot. I do like that lily, mine is just about 4" tall now. Donna
JennyLigon

April 22, 2003
12:25 PM

Post #516998

Any Jacaranda talk? Is there anyone who sells seedlings?
Also, for young trees is there a special material to cover them with? Brand new to forum. Thank you for your time all you beautiful plant people. Jenny Ligon
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2003
12:41 PM

Post #517009

Yes Donna, this is last years pic. Mine is only up about 4" now. Just went flipping thru my pics and trying to add to the Database. I only wish my would put off some sorta babies though. I have had this one stalk now for about 3 years and never had anything else to pop up :( Wishing out loud I guess LOL

Jenny Ligon, Sorry I guess I don't quiet understand the question do you Donna? Can you help her Donna??
Welcome to the garden Jenny Ligon
JennyLigon

April 23, 2003
1:13 PM

Post #517832

I am looking for any and all help finding information on Jacaranda trees. Soil they like. What to do with young trees if it gets cold out, what catagories do Jacaranda fall under. Where is the current information and research
on these plants. Thank you for your time and effort on this. Sincerely, Jenny Ligon
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

April 23, 2003
5:54 PM

Post #518008

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Bignoniaceae/Jacaranda_mimosifolia.html
Maybe this will help you.
Or you could try the Tree and Shrub forum here at Dave's
http://davesgarden.com/f/tas/
They should be able to help you more over there in that forum.
Sorry if I couldn't help you more
arsenic

(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2003
1:00 AM

Post #545207

The picture looks like it was lost when the server failed; maybe you could upload it again and ask the administrators to remove the "broken" one.

:) B
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2003
1:31 AM

Post #545250

Didn't even know it got messed up. Thanks, I'll go fix it now.
jasminebugli
Jamshedpur
India
(Zone 10a)

November 21, 2006
6:48 AM

Post #2933035

Dear Mollybee,
The 'Star Gazer' looks very attractive .Can we see it bloom in the pots? Can you help me if i 'll like to get its bulbs for my balcony garden.
Jasmine

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America