Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

I'm So Brave!!

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

any concerns regarding to kids getting into the plants? isn't it poisonous? i keep mine along one side of the house behind the fence so no one can see it from the front. also fenced in on the back side so the dogs can't get to it.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I'm in Tennessee and planted 8 in the ground last year. They all came back except two on the north side of the house. Could have been too wet, they were in the drip line of the house. I piled the leaves from my yard on them for the winter. Some are almost 24 inches tall already.

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm in North Carolina (zone 7)and left one in the ground and covered with lots of pine straw and Christmas tree trimmings. It survived!!!!! And is now up and growing, but not quite as tall as Calilily's yet. I think the Daturas are history..no sign of life yet.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I'm in Wisconsin and planted 3 in ground last summer...my other half had to dig them up in the fall and man, it was a chore!!!! I'd have never done it, but a friend from Georgia insisted that I try.....they did grow bigger leaves and had bigger blooms than those in pots. Karma HT, where do you live?

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, KHT! You're in a perfect place to try one in-ground!! I have a feeling you'll be really pleased witht the results. What zone? They might even regrow for you if left in-ground over winter. But, beware when/if you go to dig it up in the fall....holey snikies they get big!!
Have fun with it!! I decided I'm going to grow a couple in ground after all, and instead of digging up might just take some good sized cuttings.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.