Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: Hosta Cultivar Help

Stone Mountain, GA(Zone 7b)

Can anyone help me identify this hosta? I absolutely love it, but I have no idea which cultivar it is...Thanks in advance for your help! yvana :)

Thumbnail by yvana
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Yvana..maybe you should put it in the hosta forum where all the experts on Hosta are. It sure is a pretty lime green colour.

Thanks, Starzz! I will check with them! I just love the lime green color too! How's your Garden growing?
yvana :)

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

HI Yvana,
Things are growing fats here ..all the perennials are showing themsleves..a few are blooming..daffs and pansies and wall cress,oh and the violets and lungwort..too..
we have to wait till after May 24th to put in our annuals...
I have three new allium bulbs I planted last fall and they have buds forming..I can't wait to see them with the Basket of Gold alyssum,... should be a nice show.
Happy Mother's Day
Cheers
Carol

Wow, May 24th! That's late!! We can start annuals, etc. here in Atlanta on March 24th! When is your first freeze in the Fall?
yvana :)

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Yes it is a long time to wait..I think we get a freeze sometime in Oct.
I have brought all my plants up from the basement..and they go in and out of the garage at night till it warms up enough.
I didn't do any seeds this year,,not much success in the past with them in the cool basement..but I did start some Datura seeds on the window sill in the living room..triple purple,yellow and white..I got from Windsurffer. They have sprouted in their peat pots.
Cheers,
Carol

I feel for you!! I did the in-garage-and-out process last winter and it about wore me out!! I have a little red wagon and I would keep the big stuff in there, but it kept turning over when I wheeled it outside! Good luck on your Datura seedlings and Happy May 24th in advance!!
Yvonne :p

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks Yvana!

I think I found out which cultivar this is....Golden Prayers!! Any thoughts?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.