Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Hosta Cultivar Help

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 8, Views: 200
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
yvana
Stone Mountain, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2003
2:00 AM

Post #521700

Can anyone help me identify this hosta? I absolutely love it, but I have no idea which cultivar it is...Thanks in advance for your help! yvana :)

Thumbnail by yvana
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 9, 2003
11:30 PM

Post #527465

Yvana..maybe you should put it in the hosta forum where all the experts on Hosta are. It sure is a pretty lime green colour.
yvana
Stone Mountain, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2003
5:02 PM

Post #527784

Thanks, Starzz! I will check with them! I just love the lime green color too! How's your Garden growing?
yvana :)

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2003
11:21 AM

Post #528087

HI Yvana,
Things are growing fats here ..all the perennials are showing themsleves..a few are blooming..daffs and pansies and wall cress,oh and the violets and lungwort..too..
we have to wait till after May 24th to put in our annuals...
I have three new allium bulbs I planted last fall and they have buds forming..I can't wait to see them with the Basket of Gold alyssum,... should be a nice show.
Happy Mother's Day
Cheers
Carol
yvana
Stone Mountain, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 12, 2003
4:08 PM

Post #528805

Wow, May 24th! That's late!! We can start annuals, etc. here in Atlanta on March 24th! When is your first freeze in the Fall?
yvana :)

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2003
11:44 PM

Post #528973

Yes it is a long time to wait..I think we get a freeze sometime in Oct.
I have brought all my plants up from the basement..and they go in and out of the garage at night till it warms up enough.
I didn't do any seeds this year,,not much success in the past with them in the cool basement..but I did start some Datura seeds on the window sill in the living room..triple purple,yellow and white..I got from Windsurffer. They have sprouted in their peat pots.
Cheers,
Carol
yvana
Stone Mountain, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 13, 2003
8:07 PM

Post #529457

I feel for you!! I did the in-garage-and-out process last winter and it about wore me out!! I have a little red wagon and I would keep the big stuff in there, but it kept turning over when I wheeled it outside! Good luck on your Datura seedlings and Happy May 24th in advance!!
Yvonne :p

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2003
12:30 PM

Post #529766

Thanks Yvana!
yvana
Stone Mountain, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2003
6:18 PM

Post #562775

I think I found out which cultivar this is...Golden Prayers!! Any thoughts?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America