Market Gardener Forum

Batchelor, LA(Zone 8b)

Dave
???
Bud

Bud,

I created it yesterday morning. Go to the homepage and look in the Forums box. Enjoy! :)

Dave

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

Very strange, Dave.

It's indeed listed under forums on the home page. But if you click on forums off the menu list, it doesn't show up there.

Oopsie. It's there now.

Cockeysville, MD(Zone 6a)

I'd be very interested in a forum like this. I grew heirloom tomato plants in my basement last spring and sold a number of them. I have been corresponding with a couple of other DG members about marketing plants and such. I am in the midst of selecting my plants to sell for this coming spring. I had to actually learn the "language of hybrids" and figure out what a "better boy" or "early girl" was to be able to find a corresponding heirloom. I sold about 1500-2000 plants last spring at flea markets and a festival. The response was incredible! The feedback from friends and acquaintances has been EXTREMELY positive and I can't wait to do it again. I'm using their recommendations of what they liked best for this year's choices. I put all of my profits into supplies, lights, tables and a tent/booth last year so I am hoping to actually make some money this year...but I really do it because I enjoy it so much! Anyone else selling plants?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images