Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Container Gardening: Picture of Flower Pouches

Communities > Forums > Container Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Container GardeningReplies: 8, Views: 570
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nathalyn
Knoxville, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2003
1:43 PM

Post #546592

Here's a picture of my flower pouches, along with my new tacky flamingo yard art. DH loves flamingos and so, they just keep appearing in the yard. Nat

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Click the image for an enlarged view.

christmascactus

June 5, 2003
2:15 PM

Post #546613

Nathalyn,Your flower pouches are beautiful!! How long did it take for your plants to get this size?
And I love your flamingos,too-they are so cute.
nathalyn
Knoxville, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2003
2:28 PM

Post #546619

I started the wave petunias on the left from seed in early March, and used store plants for the one on the right. Both bags were started the first of April, and were left flat for 4 weeks before hanging.

I also have a pouch of impatiens that is really full that was started in late April.
christmascactus

June 5, 2003
2:40 PM

Post #546629

What potting soil did you use?
I used ProMix & all my plants died-don't know if it was the potting mix or just my browm thumb.
nathalyn
Knoxville, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2003
2:48 PM

Post #546636

I mainly used the Miracle grow brand, but added lots of the Terra sorb water absorbing crystals. But I find that I am having to water the bags practically everyday, even with the cooler temps. And I have read several places that it is very important to let the bags lay flat for a minimum of 4 weeks.

I planted my impatiens in a black tie blooming bag which has two separate chambers, and it seems to stay moister. I don't know if it's the bag or that the impatiens are in the shade.

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 5, 2003
3:25 PM

Post #546667

SWEET!!!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2003
11:06 PM

Post #548101

They're great, I really like the flamingos. Please tell me what the white thing is on the fence.
nathalyn
Knoxville, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2003
1:46 AM

Post #549196

Elsie - - - - the long thing is my hose, which has since been moved to be less noticeable, and the round thing is a bird house in the shape of a hat with flowers on the brim.

I think I like the flamingos, too. They make me smile.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2003
1:56 AM

Post #549207

I thought it was part of the bird house because they are the same color.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 423 May 5, 2013 3:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America